What dosage of Colostrum should be taken?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippen, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I started Colostrum yesterday and I took two 250mg capsules. What are others taking? I felt feverish after I took that dose and then it went away after a couple hours...makes me think it started to do something good already??? Love, Hippen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is 400 mgs and I take one or two capsules per day. Colostrum, whey, and transfer factor program the immune system to recognize and kill pathogens in the system. It is very possible for you to Herx a little after starting it because your own immune system is more efficient.

Love, Mikie
  3. Hippen

Hippen New Member

I appreciate your reply.....I have 250mg capsules and I have been taking two a day. This is only 100mgs more than the 400 that you take so hoping that is close enough. I have high hopes for the colostrum. I can really tell that I feel hotter from taking this...thinking I am herxing like you said. Good Luck to you on this stuff also...*smile*. Love, Hippen
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

I take one capsule twice a day, my son take 2 caps twice a day, both before meals. Even though dairy intolerant I can just about tolerate this amount. Our formulas are the same as Pro Health's.

My son has an IgA deficiency and ibs, he's really impresed with colustrum.

Does sound like herxing, I didn't experience that with colustrum but it has helped my GI tract and bowel symptoms.
    I took it initially because it is said to heal the bowel.

Cheers

Tansy
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Jarro-Dophilus sold here is the best probiotic I have found. Leaky gut is caused by too few good bacteria in the gut and these good bacteria need to be replaced. Colostrum may help with this, but you can't beat a good probitoic for Leaky Gut Syndrome.

Love, Mikie
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

When I was first dx'd with fms in Feb. of this year the first thing my doc started me on was Colostrum. He claims that it not only helps the immune system stay healthy, but it also helps with the concentration problems so many of us have.

What I take is 450mg. I take 4/day. So it's a pretty high dose, but it does seem to be working for both the immune system & concentration. I didn't have one cold or sore throat since starting the Colostrum & normally I get several a season - driving little ones on the school bus is a bad place to be if your immune system is weak. They cough all over you! lol But-ya gotta love em!!

Take care.....Kathi
  7. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Was just re-reading what was said about Colostrum. I have had IBS for about 7 or 8 years I guess. The Colostrum has done nothing for the bowel problems. In fact, I just had an episode this past Sat. - spent the whole day in the bathroom! Have no idea what brought it on. I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything I ate - but then one time something won't bother me at all & the next time - look out! lol

Just an observation!

Take care.....Kathi