What dosage of Olive Leaf Extract?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Jan 26, 2009.

LISALOO New Member

I can't get into a dr for months, but I know I have some virus issues. What dosage of OLE would be appropriate? Thanks!
  2. vickiw

vickiw Member

I read that you can take up to two 500 mg capsules 4x per day. I started taking OLE on the 15th and have worked my way up to that dose. I've noticed what I would consider mild herxing...chills, which I haven't had in a about 3 years and some congestion. I've been dry-brushing everyday in hopes that the herxing wouldn't be too bad. So far, so good.

Did you get a brand recommendation? I just looked around on the web and bought from Swanson, 15% oleuropein. But then I read that Ameriden is a better brand, 23% oleuropein.

3. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Hello again, Lisaloo.

I've been on olive leaf for almost five years and the dose has varied greatly on how much I can handle at the time. Right now I take 450mg in the morning and 450mg again at night, 20% oleuropein (3 x 150mg pills, make sure you buy the extract and be wary of cheap store brands, I've learned they do not work; I only order from Puritan's Pride, personally).

I really think it could be of help for anyone with any type of bacteria or virus, but when I first started taking it a long time ago I had a serious case of the "die-off effect" (herxing). I had to start with half the dose and then gradually work my way up, but after two weeks, the herxing reaction went away. It helps me A LOT with the cognitive issues; I can't even drive when I stop taking it! And it helps get rid of excess oxides, leftover waste from anything it kills (parasites, bacteria, toxins), lowers your blood pressure, doesn't have adverse effects even if you take a lot of it for a long time... Wonderful stuff. =) Make sure you drink extra water, though! Your body will need it.

I wish you the best of luck on it, and please keep us updated!

LISALOO New Member

Thanks everyone. I didn't know about oleuropein. I'll have to check my bottle to see what I have.