What dose have you taken of Guaifenesin? Work or Not?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMBonnie, Jul 18, 2008.

1. FMBonnie

FMBonnie New Member

I want to start taking this, and I am curious about what dosage people have tried and what doses/times per day have and haven't worked. I left a message for the doc, but he is soooo busy for a little question like this on a Friday afternoon.

I kind of just wanted some layperson feedback from some severe sufferers like me!

2. FMBonnie

FMBonnie New Member

I am the OP, and I want to thank you guys, Jam especially, so much for the information you gave me. I didn't consider that a rant at all! I am floored that you would take the time to help me so much.

I am not newly diagnosed, but let's just say I'm newly fed up with big pharma medications. It feels like a horrible roller coaster of side effects, new meds to counteract side effects, weaning off of one drug just to try another one, etc. Most people here probably know the drill! I am ready to try something else. I am a believer in Western medicine, but at this point, I am ready to research other things that may help me naturally in conjunction with my doctor's care.

I am definitely going to check out those resources listed and follow the protocol step by step, like I said, if there is a program that I don't know about that might help, I'm game and open to suggestions!

I do have one more question, what are salicytes (the plant based particles) that I will need to stay away from? Believe me, I am not starting the program without reading/watching the material, but for now, I am a little curious about what I have to give up!

Thanks again for your help!