What dose magnesium do you all take ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, May 1, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Hello all :),

I notice magnesium makes me feel quite a bit better when muscles feel so tight and painful.

What dose of magnesium are you people taking ? I am taking the life extensions magnesium capsules which are 500 mg each. The bottle says take 1-3 daily ......was taking 2 everyday, but today have increased and taken 3. Will see if that helps.

Love to all :),

2. deepak

deepak Member

jamin - it says Magnesium
    (as magnesium oxide, aspartate, citrate, succinate, TRAACS magnesium lysyl glycinate chelate) 500 mg
    Jamin - I read somewhere you also tried Hyaluronic acid - whats been your experience on it ?

freida - thanks :)

3. deepak

deepak Member

Dear Jamin,

Are you having 300 mg Hyaluronic 3 times a day = 900 mg daily ?? What do you sense it is helping you in ?

Any comments on boron yet ??

4. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I take fibro freedom which has 300 mg and my calcium supplement has another 200 mg. if I take any more than that I get diarrhea.

I have read good things about hyloronic acid. I have hesitated taking another supplement but maybe I should based on the replys here. Also, I try to keep the expenses down. I stretch and do very light cardio and still feel stiffness all over especially ankles, knees, wrists and neck.

Does anyone know of a supplement that already has the hyloronic acid in it? I try to order supplements that are combined with other important nutrients.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm really glad to hear the magnesium is helping you! I've read that it's very important for all people wtih fibro and CFS. I take 633 mg. a day, of magnesium glycinate.

My doctor told me it's okay to take it up to bowel tolerance - in other words, until it gives you diarrhea, so if you tolerate 3 capsules a day, then great.

Take care-

6. bon007

bon007 New Member

I went to Wal-mart today and they only had one kind of magnesium and it didn't say what it was, so I didn't buy it. I then went to GNC and found one called Super Magnesium 400mg per serving, a serving is 2 caplets. It says
    Magnesium (as Aspartate, Lactate, and Citrate). Is this the right kind I should try. It was $15.00 for 90 caplets. The lady said if it bothered me I could bring it back. What I was looking for was magnesium malate, but they didn't have that.

Anyway, I took one and I will see if that upsets my stomach or anything, then maybe tomorrow I will try two. Do you think 400 mg would be a good amount to take to help me with the pain of fibro?

Thanks for all of your help.
  7. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

The one I have been taking is from WAlmart, it does not say that it is that it is any thing other than magnesium so what am I looking for? Do I need to go to a heatlh food store to find it and pay the big price for it.? Does it make any difference in how I feel?

I have been buying the same brand Nature Made and I know that there is other printing on the bottle but I can't read it very well.

I have noticed that when I run out I have more pain than when I take it daily.

I just wondered if the expenive brand name of magnesium would work any better than what I am buying at WAlmart.
    I get under $400.00 a month for SSDI and it is a struggle to buy the meds I need to take let alone a supplement , if I had to pay $15.00 for it I don't think I would be buying it.
    Just was wondering if it is doing what it should be doing with out buying an expensive brand of it.
    I checked out the label and it said Magnesium , I am sure that there are fillers in it as they are in every thing out there today. Just to make a point, I went to buy some cinnamon, I picked up a non brand name and on the label it said, "may contian small amounts of soy products, nuts and milk" Since when did cinnamon have soy, nuts and milk in it? That is why I want to know if taking this brand of magnesium has any thing that is not what it is supposed to be?

Thanks for the help
  8. deepak

deepak Member

Hugs :)

I am taking the Life extension magnesium capsules. I had tried doctors best and source naturals magnesium earlier but like the life extension ones the best - they are 500 mg per capsule - so not too many capsules to swallow. And its just around 7 $ for 100 capsules.

It helps me a lot for my muscle tigthness and pain.

With love,

9. bon007

bon007 New Member

thanks for your advise. I took 200 mg yesterday, no problems. I will take the 400 mg today and see how that goes.

Could you tell me where you get the magnesium maltate? Thanks.