What else can cause...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SICKim514, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SICKim514

SICKim514 New Member

nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain? For about 2 1/2 months now I've had stomach pain with intermittent nausea and vomiting. I had an EGD yesterday which showed absolutely nothing. Any other possible causes??? I'm following up with my PCP next thursday, but I'm at my wits end with this. I can't stand feeling like I'm going to throw up every second of the day.
  2. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I don't have an answer. Just wanted to say that a friend got good relief from pregnancy nausea by taking ginger taslets. May be worth a try?
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

to hear your going thru this,i tooo had the severe vomiting, stomach pains,and nausea. it lasted for about 2 months, the vomiting & pain eventually went away, but the nausea stuck around for years!! during that "Spell" i lost a ton of weight, they did a an upper gi, and only found inflammation in my stomach & lots of stomach acid.

didnt do much for me but the purple pill, which caused problems for me too, i had a bad reaction to that med. they never really did find out what was causing it.

I was literally throwing up almost constantly for almost a month, it was horrible.at one point they had to hospitalize me, for a few days, i was so dehydrated from alll the vomiting.
    Hope you find some answers soon, i know you must feel Miserable! i sure did. then the years of nausea was hard to deal with, thank God that's one symptom that has lessened over time.

Just one more great symptom of this DD that no one has a clue why.i can tell you that i would chew Crystalized ginger. it did help the nausea a bit, you can find it at the big chain supermarkets, or a health food store. Good Luck, Kat
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

is there a way you can have an upper endoscopy and send tissue slides to dr. chia's lab for testing? he believes CFS involves chronic enterovirus infection and this can cause major GI symptoms.

for more info, please google "dr. john chia CFS"

if you need more info on where to send the slides, please let me know.

5. SICKim514

SICKim514 New Member

well, the test I had on thursday was an upper endoscopy...an EGD to be exact. They take a look at your esophagus, stomach, and duodenum. The GI doc said everything looked great. He didn't take any samples or anything. It was a terrible test and the medication they gave me to put me to sleep did not work too well, so I really can't go through that again. I had a right upper quadrant ultrasound, but I'm wondering if maybe an MRI would show more. I dunno, maybe I'm just grasping at straws.
  6. lovemarley

lovemarley New Member

I can just tell you what I went through but all bodies all different. Do you have a follow up with a gastroenterologist? When he did the scope test did he also take a biopsy for celiac?

I just got over diverticulitis last August and it's the same symptoms as you have had.
    About 15 years ago, I also had the same symptoms and had to have my gallbladder removed and there is always a chance that even years later, you can still have stones stuck in the bile ducts.
    Have you had your gallbladder removed?

Besides diverticulitis the other reason I vomit off and on is because of my bile ducts.
    I had to have some surgery with the bile ducts but I wanted to tell you about another problem.
    Narcotics can cause spasms of the sphincter of Oddi.I had never heard of it until a gastro dr told me about this, something you need to google to have it explained to you more than I can.

I have taken pain meds for years and off and on within a half hour of taking one of my pills, have to vomit, which goes along with the sphincter of oddi. So, none of these may be your problems but just some suggestions and the gatro dr would do a colonoscopy to make sure about the diverticulitis.

I was so sick with the diverticulitis and had to take 2 antibiotics and one is called Alinia and when you read about it says used for parasites. A very strong med that made me feel much better in a couple of days. It's also very expensive.

Good Luck and I will check back next week to see what you found out.
  7. daylight

daylight New Member

Have the doctors run a test for C. diff infection ?