What else can happen...?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellow, Apr 15, 2003.

1. mellow

mellow New Member

Well I have really outdone myself this time. I was going to get the mail and reading the mail, not looking where I was going, tripped (I think) fell and have broken three bones in my foot and ankle. I was operated on and now have six pins and a plate to hold it all together. I am not allowed put any weight on this foot for 6 weeks. It had to be the right foot too. I really don't know how I did this. I fell a few weeks ago but did no damage. I had noticed that sometimes I had trouble judging when my foot touched the ground. Sometimes I felt as if it didn't register properly. My foot never felt numb but I mainly noticed this when stepping off curbs etc. Has anyone else has this problem? W will be seeing the surgeon again next week so will discuss this further with him then. Apart from that my FM is pretty good at present but the fatigue is worse (not surprising I guess). Luv Mellow
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your fall, wow, you really must have fell hard on that foot. Be sure to do as the doc tells you so that it will heal properly.

You take care of yourself, and try not to get too stressed about this. Just rest and heal!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

My Goodness---you have been through it--sounds like a painful and long rehab. Thou shalt not read the mail til in the house, seated....
    Yes, I do have problems with mis-steps...I am certainly going to be more careful now, though. I definitely don't want to go through what you are enduring.
    Best wishes, and I hope you recover soon!
    LL
  4. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I am so sorry that happened. I can barely walk and try to be careful but things happen and while we can always try to figure out what should we have done differently, sometimes it can't be prevented.

I think your post will make all of us who have problems with our walking, feet, depth perception or whatever be much more careful.

I remember my aunt broke her ankle when she was 55 (she's 91 now!!!) and she said she never knew how it happened. So as careful as we are you just never know what's going to happen on any given day.

Take real good care of "you" and let us know how you're progressing, okay?

Love
    Pam
    Spanaway, WA, USA