Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, May 3, 2009.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi all,

As someone was asking about milk thistle which I already take, I was wondering what else can help with high liver enzymes or a weak/damaged liver.

I am on quite a lot of meds (which I NEED) and have had high ALT liver enzymes results quite often in the past.

I couldn't live without those meds but worry about my liver sometimes.

I have taken Milk Thistle for a few years - does anyone else take anthing else that can help or has helped with the liver???

Love to all,

Bunchy x
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

are suppose to be good for your liver--fresh beets are best, but canned will work too.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

losing weight helps liver enzymes? hmmmm
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

n acetyl cysteine is an amino acid the body uses to help detoxify itself, a similar form is used in hosptials for paracetamol/tylenol over doses.
  5. ulala

ulala New Member

lymenet about helping the liver. It's called:

PORPHYRIA LINKS - Re: Cytochrome P-450 liver detox pathway
    and was started by Keebler.

Good luck!
  6. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

It gave me all kinds of advice with foods too so try that if you don't find what you are looking for here. We saved our dog and she has not signs of liver failure now. The vet told us to force feed with baby food I also gave her Milk Thistle, enzumes but I cannot remember all the food recomendations so you may want to investigate this yourself as there are foods you should not eat and foods that help. Good luck
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

About 6 years ago my liver had a rather high level of toxins. Symptoms were I felt fluish, sick, right side abdominal pain, digestion was all screwed up. I asked my chiropractor about a job I'd had when I was 19 in a factory where I was almost literally bathed in acetone and other chemicals. He did muscle testing and it confirmed that my liver was carrying a toxic load of chemical solvents, among other things.

I did a liver detox under his supervision, using Parotid and something else from STandard Process. It took a month and was not pleasant, and afterwards my liver was so much better.

I learned that milk thistle (as you already know) is very good for the liver. Other things that can help are lemon juice - add it to your water - it's very good for digestion and helping to cleanse the liver, gallbladder and even kidneys. Also dandelion tea helps cleanse it too.

I'm worried about your meds, though. You say you can't live without them. I don't know what they are, but if I were you I'd try to see if there are any alternative things you can take in place of them. Our livers can only do so much.

My chiropractor helped me so much with several different problems, and I'm currently seeing a different one (I've moved) who is helping with my weak immune system, and this one is helping too. They both use STandard Process products. The regular doctors just aren't able to do anything like this. All they generally can do is prescribe drugs. ANyways, a good place to find a chiropractor who does the muscle testing is to call Standard Process (800) 558-8740.

Also, you might want to google Contact Reflex Analysis website - this is the type of muscle testing which initially helped me (there are several different types). Ignore quackwatch - CRA helped me on several occasions when the doctors couldn't.

8. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I already take NAC too and I think there is some chlorophyll in my green food and some dandelion in my milk thistle supplement - I'll try to take extra of those in future.

Like the idea about adding lemon to water too - I like the taste of fresh lemon :)

Hugs to all,

Bunchy x
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2009]