What else....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Mar 31, 2011.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

I went and had an MRI Monday of my lower back. The doctor was concerned that I may have something wrong with my back as the pain on my left side is way worse than on the right and sure enough, I have a bulging disc. I found this out yesterday.

So the office calls me today and says they want to send me to a pain management clinic. Problem with that is that the clinic is backed up and it will be mid to late summer before I can get in. OK, so what do I do until then?...suffer! They cant or wont do anything else until I have been seen by this pain management clinic.

As much as I fall, I am concerned that the bulging disc will rupture if I land just right. And then what? My left side, hip, butt and leg all the way down to my toes hurts so bad, I have seriously considered cutting my leg off with a butter knife...surely it couldnt hurt any worse!

OK, well, I also have uterine fibroids that I am supposed to see a gynecologist for. Someone dropped the ball at the doctors office and the referral was never sent, so I had to keep bugging them to send the referral off. Therefore, the dr had to go back over my file and say "yes, refer her". By the time they did this, the referred office calls me and its going to be a while before I can be seen.

I feel absolutely devastated. I am in so much pain, no insurance, stuck with this doctor and their referral system. There seems to be nothing I can do. And on top of all this, I have been diagnosed with Depression and this really isnt helping things.

I feel I also have CFS and maybe even CMP. The medications I am taking do nothing for the pain and I cannot get them to prescribe anything stronger. I have a migraine today and I think its from the stress of the pain and knowing that I am screwed until can get in somewhere.

Sorry for all the venting, I just want to curl up in a corner and cry.

2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

You need to call your Dr. back and tell them how long it's going to be until you can get into the Pain Mgmt Dr. - then tell them that you absolutely cannot go another 4 months with this kind of pain. He needs to give you something to help w/the pain when it's unbearable.

This is not "in your head" pain. He has to do something to help you. Fight for yourself.