what exactly is brain fog and what makes it happen?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vnr27, Aug 18, 2003.

1. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

what happens to u that tha brain fog happens
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have read it here and there, but to be honest I really don't understand exactly why it happens. HOpefully someone else can explain it for us in 'simple terms'?

One thing I do know, if I stop drinking water and don't take magnesium the brain fog gets worst in a couple of days.

As long as I am drinking half my body weight in ounces of water everyday, taking my 1/4 teaspoon full of Sea Salt, I am as close to normal as I am going to get! So I have found out on my own, that we are dehydrated, and lack magnesium big time.

My head is clearer now than it has been in years.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

My experience of brain fog is a fuzzy feeling, when my brain just won't think. I forget names, places, activties, and sometimes I cannot do math or banance my checkbook. I do not know exactly what causes it, but I have found, that for me, a lessening of stress really helps. I also eat handfulls of equal amounts of raisins and almonds (there have been studies that they improve brain activity), and I sometimes drink a little coffee. I find that if I do these things, I can then perform brain-related activities. also, keep using it, like doing crossword puzzles and watching game shows.
    Hope this helps. Be at peace.
    Terry