What exactly is the Guai protocal? CFS or Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Mar 22, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I see a lot of talk about it on here but what is the basic premise. Is it better for CFS or Fibro? I don't have pain. I am looking for something to help with my fevers and chills mostly.

Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/22/2006]
  2. Landy

Landy New Member

Dear Jane,

The guaif is for any disease brought on by a build
    up within the body of phosphates. The guai removes
    them at a ratio of every two months on the protocol
    one year of the disease is removed. Considering
    the fact that phosphates build in the joints, tendons
    and ligaments than I would say that any disease
    affecting those areas. It does not reverse arthritis
    however. I'm not sure what your fevers or chills are
    brought on by, have you been diagnosed with anything.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

Thanks. It is very interesting.

Nope I have had a fever since last feb. when I got cfs. it took 8 months to get diagnosed. I am on Valtrex treating it like a virus but no luck yet. I have had tons of blood work..everything is normal. My fevers are my biggest problem.
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

The Guai protocol is specifically to reverse the symptoms of CFS & FMS, not anything else. It's not for fever or chills. To understand it properly you need a copy of Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia'. His website is 'Guaidoc'.

He believes that people with CFS & FMS are genetically unable to rid ourselves of phosphates, which instead build up in our body cells. Taking Guaifenesin strictly accorsing to the book will slowly rid our cells of these phosphates. We have to avoid things called salicylates, which use the same kidney receptors as the Guai.

This is not a cure, but a treatment. Many of us here have found it very helpful. It takes a lot of committment because the individual correct dose of Guai is the one that makes symptoms tolerably worse.
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

Well I do have CFS and all of its symptoms but I feel I can learn to live with the memory problems and the fatigue but the fevers and the viral items really prevent me from doing much.

Thanks for the site I will look into it.