What foods cause YOU a flare-up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chrissy2, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Hi, friends-

I have an appointment with my chiro this week for food allergy testing. Could you share with me what foods you are allergic to, and what foods make your fibro\cfs flare-up?

I really appreciate it =)

God bless!
    Chrissy
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

They both zap me of energy and my muscle pain gets worse.

Don't want to insult you because you may already know this, but we crave the foods we are allergic to. So for me bread and pasta had to go. And corn is in everything. . .
  3. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Yes, wheat seems to be a really common food allergy. It's no fun to eat a sandwich without bread!
  4. kellbear

kellbear New Member

NEED I SAY MORE? LOL

I CRAVE IT LIKE IT IS GOING OUT OF STYLE
  5. little

little Member

Dairy products really throw my system off. I can have something once, any more than that my system is off.I'm working on some other ones now. Like chocolate and wheat.I can't have any cereals, only oatmeal. I have been playing around with food for about two years now and haven't come up with a good food plan that works for me. Good luck with your appt. I would be interestd in what you find out. Gail
  6. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

Sugar! Wheat,caffeine, high carb or high sugar foods.
  7. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

Hi. To comment on what you said. Trying to figure out by trial and error can be time consuming. Of course there are blood tests for food allergies, but I wanted to share with you the diet my Dr. gave me for CFIDS. It has made me FEEL BETTER!
    You can look up a post under my name "paulmark:diet". Basically, I can eat only pure rye bread, NO SUGAR, no caffeine or alcohol. Eat a 4-6 0z. portion of meat for lunch and dinner with certain fruits and vegs which are lower in carbs and sugar. Seasonings are fine except salt. For the whole list, check out the post. Condiments and such should be chosen according to carb amount: it should be 0% or 1%. One change to the post: stay away from crystal lite and anything with Aspartame. I actually drink only water.
    Good luck! Madelyn
  8. paulajo

paulajo New Member

Does this diet apply to Fibro people or mainly CFS or any autoimmune disorder?

I still consume a lot of coffee and it actually makes me feel better in the am. Definitely helps my headaches. I haven't noticed any probs with sugar but wonder if I try the diet you're on if I will feel much better.

Thanks.
  9. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

Well, definitely SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ANYTHING that ends in "ose" Like lactose, dextrose, glucose and sucrose...all those types of sugars give me ER pain and fatigue!!!! Also the same reactions are with carbs...anything white. Like potatoes, white or wheat bread, pastas, flour tortillas....also sugary veggies like peas,carrots and corn...also no fruit!!!!! Fruit has sugar and one minute after I eat them I get a migraine and there starts the body and organ pain!! Just shoot me!!! Hope this helps...oh one other thing...no chocolate!!! Rats...Pammy
  10. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

You poor thing! What *do* you eat?
  11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

....practically everything I put into my mouth. I recently had complete food testing by my allergist/immunologist. I found I was allergic to milk, soy, wheat (gluten), yeast, potatoes, corn, some fish, most nuts, etc....... I believe my FM has at its roots, YEARS of undetected food allergies which have trashed my immune system. Because I didn't have bothersome IBS symptoms (tho I did years ago) I never connected FM with food allergies. NOW I do!!

Good luck to you, hope you don't have as many things causing you problems as me. Oddly enough I can have sugar (no candida problems, I was tested for that) unlike others here. But I don't even LIKE sweet stuff, so seldom have it other than a couple drops of stevia in tea.....

BTW, after the shock of finding all this out, I have settled into a good pattern of eating what I CAN have. My diet is probably way more nutritious now, I've lost several pounds in the few weeks, and I think----(she said cautiously)----I'm starting to feel better & more energetic.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Pam
  12. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

Hi! I don't know if this diet applies to FM; My Dr. said she never saw a CFIDS patient improve without doing the diet. And I don't have FM. I do firmly believe though, that sugar and caffeine are absolute no-no's for all these syndromes. Everyone, ill or not, would benefit greatly from cutting out sugar. And caffeine lets you feel better in the short run but worse in the long run.
    Madelyn
  13. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

I can eat most vegetables (I try to go organic) starchy ones in small amounts, chicken, salmon, sardines in olive oil, lean ground beef (meats are special grown w/o hormones etc.), old fashion cooked oatmeal, wild rice, organic eggs, special breads w/o high sugar content & no white flour, small amounts of fruit & a small amount of pure grape juice for a treat to wash down my immune booster powder. That is about it. No sugar, no dairy products, no caffiene, no fats, no sugar substitues. I drink water all day & a cup or two of herb tea. Pretty boring diet huh? My hubby did find me a all natural pizza that is yummy I can eat a little which is a fun treat once in a while. It does have a little mozz cheese & feta cheese but mostly has veggies on it & the crust is w.w /honey. If I eat too much of it I react but it is just a treat once in awhile. Anyway, most people tend to have trouble with wheat &/or dairy products. So far the grains don't bother me thankfully.