what foods does the cfids/fibro make you crave?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalaya, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kalaya

kalaya New Member

I'm very curious to know what foods you crave when the fatigue rages,and what foods do you crave when the brain haze is at it's worst,and which foods do you most often crave when the pain rages the worst?My angle is that I am wondering if these cravings could indicate something lacking in a specific area within the bodies system?Just thinking out loud.God bless.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm not hungry at those times.
  3. auntcon

auntcon New Member

and white flour makes my allergies kick in...

Comfort food... I need to loose 60 lbs because of eating my emotions when I feel so bad.

I do worry about food allergies and cfids/fibro...
    connie
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I always crave carbs, especially chocolate, & understand that it's our body's desperate attempt to find some enery from somewhere that makes many of us do so. A high carb diet is very bad for us. The only way I can control the resulting hypoglycemia is with a strict low carb diet.
  5. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I'm usually not hungry and eat very little. Any craving I do have and indulge in, usually dosen't taste good once I eat it.

Grandma6
  6. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

not sure that I crave anything except food in general hehe...I am a big meat eater (hubby hates that) but I also love carbs...comfort foods homemade mac and cheese yum. When I was pregnant I thought I was going to get away with no craves until about half way through I got a box of froot loops...and I never stopped it was all I would eat...now as we speak my son is in the living room eating right out of the froot loop box...hehe
    if I am really bad I lose my appitite which is the ONLY good thing about it...wish I could lose a few lbs myslef
    Amy
  7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I will eat just about anything with salt in it. I too am a Coke-a-holic! Have been all my life so I doubt that it changes. I don't drink coffee, love the smell just don't like hot drinks. I have high blood pressure and surely don't need the salt but that is all I really crave. A lot of times when I am at my worst, nothing really tastes good to me but I can always handle a Coke to drink.
    Stinker56
  8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Kalaya,
    I think the biggest crave is SUGAR and caffeine, from fruit ect... any type of sugar :) Choc. was my fav comfort food. Coffee was my fav drink.
    I'm kicking sugar out of my diet-NO FUN-but I feel level without it once I get passed the addictive parts of sugar and caffeine.
    When I'm in bad pain I'm not hungry-it is very hard to drink the water I need in high pain times. Food is second to water for me.
    Take care,
    Dee50