What Form of Echinacea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LittleBluestem, Sep 9, 2005.

1. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Stormyskye, and anyone else who is using it -

What form of Echinacea are you taking? I once took the pills for my respiratory allergies and thought that they helped. Now that I can get unadulterated MSM for humans, I take it instead. I have since read that the pills are not very effective and that the tea is much better. What do you think?
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I used the Echinacea tincture as it is supposed to be stronger. Mix it with a little water and drink it.

I use it a few times a year, it is not supposed to be taken without an occassional break of a few weeks.

Rosie

3. LittleBluestem

Anyone else with input?
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Some say it works, some say not, it works for me. If I get a cold, it shortens the duration and the period where it is the worst (1st 3 days for me), if my daughter get a cold, I take it for a week or two to boost my immune system and I have not had a cold for a long time - knock wood!

Sonya
  5. LittleBluestem

The Echinacea/Golden Seal combination was recommended to me for my allergies. Unfortunately, I found that I am allergic to Golden Seal!
  6. LittleBluestem

It has been enough years ago that I do not recall the exact symptoms. I'm fairly sure that they occurred when I took the Echinacea with Golden Seal and stopped when I stopped taking it in a fairly clear cut manner. The Echinacea by itself did help, but the MSM helps more.

I am considering taking Echinacea again, on an occasional basis for immune support. I was taking the Echinacea for 7 days, then not for 3 days, when I was taking it. I never took it on an on-going daily basis.
  7. LittleBluestem