What gives you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

these days, sadly not much, but one thing that does nearly always bring me joy is talking to my nieces on the phone

3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

My family and my non-judgemental friends. And my cat!

4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

My cats, my dogs, chocolate, good coffee, sunsets from my bedroom balcony.
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

Wow thats a hard one! What brings me joy also brings me heartache.

My grandkids.
  6. kat211

kat211 New Member

but he also gives me a headache sometimes with his constant talking. I finally was getting a good nights sleep last night and he came in around 6 am and woke me up by sitting on my bed starring at me and talking. I have no idea what he was talking about, but there he was, just talking.

My dogs also give me great joy, but that is after they have dragged me across the courtyard to get into the car to go to doggie day care or to the house to play in the yard. I also do tend to laugh after the great dane breaks into the bathroom and sticks his head into the shower and scares me while I'm showering, so that counts as joy I suppose. He is a bit of a mama's boy.

Also, accomplishing something I set out to do gives me joy. Even if it is just to get in a run to the post office or getting all of my prescriptions filled, ok that's a big one, but if I don't procrastinate and I get something done when I first think about it I get joy from that.
  7. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Being able to fly. The little Cessna 150 that takes me up into the sky and let's me get a whole new perspective on the world. Nothing hurts when I am flying, because I am using every ounce of my concentration. I don't have time to think about pain, the kids, money, and all that life seems to want to throw at me. I just have to think about flying for that moment.

My animals also give me great comfort. My 3 cats follow me EVERYWHERE! I also have 4 parrots and they are SO funny because they talk to me (and each other) and seems to know when I am hurting or sad ("Mommy, sad? Mommy, hurt? I SEE you! I LOVE you!").

My husband is my GREATEST joy. He understands what it's like and is always right there for me, cheering me on. We tease each other, find humor in the challenges of life and just keep each other going. I don't know WHY he puts up with me, only that he does.

Alaska would be my other joy. Seeing things that I would never see otherwise, like soaring eagles, baby moose, bears fishing for salmon, Beluga whales playing, a Humpback whale breaching for the sheer joy of it. Catching a salmon for dinner from the river in back of the house, watching the fishing boats return from the Bering Sea and the spectacular light show that the Aurora gives are all part and parcel to being in the Last Frontier. So even though money can get pretty tight, I am rich in the things that matter!
  8. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

First off, as soon as my pain pill kicks in, I am a very happy camper. While it does NOT take away the pain, it gives me the freedom that I need to enjoy the things I enjoy the most.
    My grandbabies
    My cats
    My counted cross stitch
    My music.

I cant enjoy any of these things when I am not taking the pain meds.
  9. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I like surfing you tube music, especially 70s music and looking at people in the back ground of the clips that have great hair styles and flares, i get a giggle out of it, a couple of beers with this and i have a great laugh. plus i like seeing the dark guys(not politically correct??) with the afros showing there moves, looks cool and then seeing some white dude try to do the same, its the same theory as white men cant jump, white men cant dance either, lol, but its funny tring to watch them, im one of those white men that cant jump or dance, lol. so if i dance at a party i know i look like a goose, lol.

10. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

my husband, my close friends and my faith in God.