what going on with my body?? dry everything :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Feb 22, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I did not relize that the dry eyes, mouth and nose was a symptom of fms. I has a blood test for the sjogrens but it has not come back yet. I am very concerened about this and hope that this is just a syptom of fms. Would not want to be labled with anoth DD. How may fms patients suffer from this also and what do you do for the dry nose and mouth. using artifical tears for the eyes.
    Judy
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I had dry eyes long as I've been an adult. Learned about this malady when I was about 21 and playing (musician) five nights a week. Talk about dry eye! Then,

My oral surgeon confirmed I had Sjorens and presecribed artificial saliva.

You are not alone! Love Lil'
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have had Sjogren's for at least l3 years and then I also live in a dry climate which tends to magnify the problem..I have discussed with dentists numerous times and all they recommend is to drink mucho water and I chew sugarless gum to produce and stimulate saliva.. Even so, you can still have the dryness problems after drinking gallons of water, which I have informed my dentist of, and he said yea he knows..I have looked into medications which you can investigate on the web, but when I have asked local dentists/docs about this, they don't seem to think it helps anymore than water.. Before, I drank so much water, I was developing an abnormal amount of abscess teeth..which is due to the lack of saliva..so now, I keep my teeth obsessively clean to prevent that and always have water available..MY sinus problems are worse because I am too dry, too, and I do use nose sprays, for that.. GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU FIND BETTER SOLUTIONS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. LOL, AMELIA
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

JUST SAW CACTUS LIL SAID SHE USES THAT...WHICH ONE DO YOU USE AND DO YOU THINK IT IS BETTER THAN WATER AND GUM? LOL, AMELIA
  5. judywhit

judywhit New Member

that those with Sjogrens should be aware that they have a 40% more chance of developing luekema? I read this in an autoimmune book. Thats a big statistic! I have tried to find this info elsewhere about Sjogrens and have only seen it mentioned in this one book. Any info?????

[ advertisement ]