what good for gas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 12, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

now I know this isn"t a fun subject.but I have I.B.S. and usally when I have gas maolax plus helps but I have had it since last nite and it is really hurtful its in my back just above my waist.
    and nothing seems to help. any secret sugesstion.
    sixtyslady
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi sixtyslady,

I haven't tried this but have seen commercials for "beano". Maybe someone will respond that has tried it.

Hope you get better,

BlueSky555
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

but sometimes get gas pains that feel like someone is cutting me into and I use store brand gas relief soft gels and they work fine.

I think my last ones came from CVS, but any gas relief should do. Believe me, I know how bad it hurts. We were at the race in Charlotte when I got hit last time and it felt like I was in labor it hurt so bad.
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I have found Gas X extra strength works well for me. I take two of the gel caps when I feel it coming on and within 30 minutes I am usually feeling better.

TxSongBird
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

its better today, but thanks for the suggestions I will keep them in my reference book, it really helps to have one so I can remember what different remedies are for.
    you guys are great and I really thank everyone on the board.
    before I found this board I felt hopeless, now I know I can find help and understanding.
    Blessing Sixtyslady
  6. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Although I really had to resist the urge to say just rare back and let 'er rip..

Seriously, my doctor had me use Gas X extra strength after a surgery where they blew up my stomach. The gas had risen up into my collar bones and I've never had gas pains like that before in my life. The pain from the gas was actually worse than the pain from the surgery. I don't know what I would have ever done without the Gas X, and I've used it ever since. It's good stuff and a couple of them usually work pretty quick.

Good luck....
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ll try it. thats my problem I can"t let it rip. so I really suffer, worse than labor pains just have to go to bed when I get like that and lay on my left side with a heating pad, helps alittle.
    a nurse told me that in the e.r.
    sixtyslady
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi Sixtylady
    I use Peppermint oil. You can get it on the net or at a herb shop. I use Natures Sunshine Peppermint Oil and just a drop on the back of your hand, then lay your tongue on it. That makes it sanitary for anyone to use. It stops gas,heartburn and bad breathe almost instantly and you can use it as often as you like. It won't stop your food from digesting as an antacid will.
    I don't know why more people hasn't discovered it yet. Really wonderful!
    Hugs Shirley