What happened to my elbow today that was fxed about 10 yrs ago

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, May 28, 2011.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good grief everyone, I was typing at the computer and I leaned on my right elbow. Whoops, then it felt weird and I looked at it and knew something had happened as it felt and looked very strange. There was a bump sticking out much larger than it usually does when you bend it. Now, I also noticed that there is a little black and blue mark on the rt. side of the skin. I am guessing that the screw/wire or whatever else they left in there after the surgery either shifted or broke off. Great, I suppose I have to go and have some mini surgery to get it fixed, either fixing up or putting in a new updated appliance.

Geez, nothing like bad stuff happening like this when you have things planned. Hope at least I can go see our daughter the end of this month. That is only the beginning but will also have to decide whether to pay the rest of balance towards the cruise in October. We are supposed to pay the rest of the far the middle of June. We may be paying for surgery instead- great !!

Wonder if anyone else has had this tyoe of thing happen to them after surgery - like at least 10 years after.

Hope everyone has a nice Happy Memorial Day. Now I have to wait an extra day to try and get an appointment with the surgeon.. Yes, I could scream but it could be worse as I am not in real pain as of right now. Just trying not to use it to much right now.

2. Granniluvsu

that probably my old pins, plates, screws and whatever else is in there has probably just died of old age and need to be taken out. It just causes more work and expense . They probably should have taken it out after healing but they didn't want to b bothered. They just said that we will keep them in unless they cause problems.

Well, now they have so they probably need to ba taken out. Now I try to make an appointment after the holidays to get x-rays taken and for them to make a date for me to go have them removed. That is all my guess. Of course this had to happen on a holiday weekend !! Right now I am just afraid to use that arm or drive, just in case to make more damage. So, I wait to make an appointment.

Have a great weekend awl. Ours will be quiet. Maybe steaks on the grill on Monday, no company. Hugs and special good wishes to all our vets, who have served and who are serving NOW!!

Hugz to everydobby,
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the elbow. Now don't go poking anydobby till you
    get it fixed.

I hope it turns out to be a minimally invasive procedure. Above all,
    you don't want the kind of surgery where the doctor uses a four letter
    word: Oops!

4. Granniluvsu

Rock - Your right, I want something done as simply and non costly as possibly. I don't know about the not costly part, if there is such a thing nowadays. This waiting is driving me crazy though.

Hi Jam and I think I forgot who else posted, if anyone did. I may just be thinking somebody else posted.

My elbow is not in alot of pain but sort of uncomfortable plus I am afraid to do anything with it so I am trying to remember not to use it much or hold anything to heavy in it for to long, like my choir books this morning. Also dont want to drive tioll I talk to the doc either. What a pain, literally !!!

5. Granniluvsu

I don;t have any pain and am just being careful not to pick up heavy stuff or anything. The more I think about it the more I am pretty sure it is just old age from the parts lerft in. The doc did say they leave them in unless they cause problems;. Well, mine finally did 10 or more years later eher shift or die !!

It doesn't even look that bad and isnt swollen.

I will just call the surgeon on Tuesday as soon as they open.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please let us know how it goes when you see the doc. Hoping and praying it's OK.

Love, Mikie