What happened to the woman with the sick daughter?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I have been off the board for awhile

What is the update on the member whose daughter had a baby and then fell sick??

Sorry, I don't remember her name, but I have been thinking about them.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I missed your posts! Hope all is OK with you. Glad you're back.

Sue
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I;m okay, just had to go to a temp apartment until they are done fixing ours. Had problems getting the internet set up here

Thanks for asking!!!
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and it was only internet problems!

(-:

Sue
  5. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi,

I'm the one with the duaghter that got sick after having her baby. My duaghter had psot partum cardiac myopathy and was in ICU for over 5 days and the hospital for over a week.My daughters name is Debi. She's at home now but is still very weak. They have her on alot of heart meds and she has a home health care nurse come in every other day to take her b?p and check on her. Her b/p has been super low now so they have lowered some of her meds. She also sees her family doctor once a week now. She will be in to see her cardiologist this Monday. She also been going thru a "funk" right now---is probably overwhelmed with everything.

Her daughter, my little grand daughter Kya Melissa is doing great. She is such a sweetie. She's up to her birth weight again and is getting cuter every time I see her.

My duaghters boyfriend has to go in for surgery on jis hand this Tuesday and will be laid up for 12 weeks. They all have alot to handle right now.

I try to help as much as they will let me, but my husband and I are both in wheelchairs, so it makes it harder to just drop in anytime.

Thanks for keeping her in your toughts and prayers and I'm sure this will be a long haul for her to recover. When she got out of the hospital, her heart efficancy was up to 25% (which is still low--but better then when she went in).

Thanks again,

Sandy
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

This has got to be hard for you all.I.m glad that your sweet granddaughter is doing great.Also glad that your daughter is getting help.I know you wish you could do more.Sorry that both you and your husband are in wheelchairs.I can't imagine.
    Give that sweet baby a kiss for me.

Sheila
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks for updating us.

Our thoughts are with you.

What a difficult time. I hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon!
  8. crumpton

crumpton New Member

thank you for letting us know the latest. How hard this must be for your daughter to go thru. Is this her first or does she have other children to take care of to?

As a first time mom it would be overwhelming to be sick as well as being woriied about the baby and are you doing everything right or being depressed because you can't do everything you want to. Dreaming of the big day and fantasizing about how the new baby will be and then your dreams are shattered. OH my!

Or if she has other children, she must worry about them and trying to take care of them. I am so glad that you are there to listen to her even though you feel like you are not able to do much. Just having a mom close by to talk to means so much.

Sandy, I pray for you and your daughter. Your granddaughter sounds so cute and I love her name.