what happened to this fibro board?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Just curious it used to be so busy, now its really slow, has everyone moved on or did I miss something?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi fibrobutterfly. The board seems to go thru fazes. alot of folks read but don't post.

I have found alot of the old members on the depression board or lyme. For awhile it got so people were arguing alot and most posts were to techenical.

sad it used to be such a great support site.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

many migrated to Phoenix Rising, tho it has had the same problems as this one had with fighting etc --- or so I've heard. I find PR difficult to get used to, so haven't gone there much myself. But I have seen many familiar user names.

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one to find the PR board hard to navigate.
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been wondering the same thing. I tried PR but never could get the hang of it.. Sure wish this board would get back like it use to be. I received so much help and info and bonded with friends that are no longer here.

6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I've noticed the low number of posts lately, hopefully it will pick up again. There always seems to be an ebb and flow of the board, just like my energy level! Blahhhhh.......not so good today.
  7. waca

waca New Member

Some people probably left over the fighting. Maybe some even got kicked out (not sure). PR I know took a lot of people. It's actually a really great site with a ton of current information. I haven't noticed much of any fighting there, although I don't check all the threads. I use both sites myself. I don't post hardly at all on either of them though.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I started having problems logging on and they couldn't seem to get it straightened out so I just kinda drifted away. I had drifted away from here as well because I was working/sleeping, working/sleeping all the time. Now that I'm retired, I stop in here more often.

This board has always had cycles. There will be a bunch of newbies with lots of questions and old topics will be revived. Then, things die down for a while until the next cycle. The horrific fighting here drove me to only the Chit Chat board for a while.

Love, Mikie
  9. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

As well, I'd like to be more active but typing is just too much for me anymore...I stopped reading while all the nonsense was taking place because I didn't need that in my life. I like Cort's board but rarely go there now...this board is the easiest to view.

I'd tell Victoria, I loved my Cuddle Ewe...give my 2 cents about the pain doc (report him to her insurance company, family doc and board)...etc. Plenty of good topics but just too sick participate.

I'm glad to see moderation back and that has made a big difference so hopefully people will come back. So a big hello to all you out there...

[This Message was Edited on 11/10/2010]
  10. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I'm still here...I just look.
  11. Tizz

Tizz New Member

That means this board isn't dead!

I think the problem is that a lot of people just aren't saying very much at the moment!

12. Tizz

Tizz New Member

I read PR sometimes, but I never post there.

I guess I'm just not comfortable with it, not sure why.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just coming here to read is about as much as they can handle from an energy perspective. A lot of people may be in the info gathering stage and don't feel they have anything else to offer yet. I only reply when I feel I can add something to the discussion. Usually, others have already answered the topic in questions.

Love, Mikie
  14. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I was one the board quite a bit but one it slowed so much...I found another one as well. Not PR I too never got the hang of it. I think all boards are going to have the fighting, even the new one I found has bickering. Its the nature of being sick I guess.

I need a faster board though, sometimes a board is my only source of socializing:)

I can't imagine I would ever leave here though. It is amazing to see some of the same familiar names coming out in this post:) I miss you all. Hoping all is well.

15. fallenstar1962

fallenstar1962 New Member

Hi again..I too am still here but like others have seen better days :(

I will try and return here more often..it's so true we need each other..take care of you.

Soft Hugs ~fallen~
  16. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I used to be on here daily but not any more. There was a lot of scientific info which was very helpful to me. I'm 95% recovered so I just don't want to dwell on the CFS/FM for long.
  17. jole

jole Member

but like many, when the board got so crazy I stopped visiting here and stayed on ChitChat. I just couldn't deal with all the drama any more and found it caused me to feel worse. I haven't been on any other fibro site....looked at PR once and wasn't really interested. Hopefully I'll start checking this board more often now..........Jole
  18. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I see a lot of people view but not as many respond. We need a lot much participation.
  19. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

You always have some good info and I respect you for that for sure!

Jane -
  20. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

This is the only fibro board that I belong to. I had stopped coming here with
    all the arguing going on and then I had some other medical problems that needed
    my attention .
    Things are starting to get back to normal for me if there is a normal for Fibro.

I try to post when I feel I have something to contribute and I read the posts and threads
    that interest me.

I do like this board and there are a lot of nice people here.

Gentle hugs, Pansy