What happens is you don't file youe reconsderation in 45 days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 11, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI- My freind is a nurse with severe hep c. She broke her leg during chemo treatment and is having healing issues.

She applied for SSDI and of course was turned down. I told her she needed to reapply ASAP. If she was turned down the second time then get the attny.

I guess she didn't understand, she told me today she had an appt with an attny on Thurs.I asked if she had already been turned down again and said she didn't reapply.

She thinks it has been longer than 45 days. It is close she is looking for the paper tonight.

We went to HS together, have been freinds for 30 years, she has had a hard time and is a good person, she just lost her first husband, friend and father of her 2 oldest children 22 & 21 in a horrible car wreck about the same time Anne Crommwells BIL had his accident.

Now this, I thought there was a penalty if you don't do it within 45 days. We are having lunch tomorrow and I said I would help her.

Thanks for any help-Carla
  2. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

Here in Alabama you have 60 days to get an attorney and appeal the decision. If you go past the 60 days you have to start all over again.

I was turned down and it took over a year for a hearing.I just won my case out of court.

Getting an attorney is the best thing to do after you've been turned down.

I enjoy your posts so much. I am creative and love to do things in houses too. I saw some of your leaded glass. Good job! I just have to pace myself so much,I feel like I don't get much accomplished lately.

What are some more of your interests? Dianne, [email address removed as per rules]
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

HI Diane, thanks, I did find out it is 60 days in KY too. I thought you lost you months and had to start over.

She sees a atty on Thur with is tomorrow because today is Wed. I got confused today.

My other interest was pool, I was in a league. We played in high end sports bars in VA. Great group of people, I was social and known, I was the first woman to win a Regional tournament and a free trip to Vegas to play in the Nationals.

I had to give all that up when I came back to take care of my mom. Now it is just my house and my glass. My life is so different but it is ok, life would be boring if it was the same all your life.

Sorry i took awhile getting back, my power was out for 4 hours last night-Carla
  4. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Here in Maine it is also 60 days for the appeal after the first denial. I got too ill about the same time as mine should have been refiled and was put back to square one. The process had to be done completely over as if They had never had me in their systems files. My personal Doctor was very angry that they made me go thru that. I was in his office when he called their office. He was unfailingly polite but they knew he wasn't happy with the politics involved. He was told that rules were rules and my papers should have been back at them the day before. When I finally got approved they dated disability to a year before the first filing. However they only had to pay the last year of the three I needed to get help.Fudged up system at times.Your friend may feel overwhelmed with this whole process.It's never easy but sounds as if she's been dealt alot of bad cards. Just give her loving support and lots of hugs.She definately needs a good friend. Maineweezie
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you. I am sorry you had such a hard time, the gov loves their rules. I'm glad you finally were approved.

My freind has been threw so much, She has worked at the same hospital for 30 years and not one person she worked with has called her, she has been off work for about 4 months now. I will always be there for her. Carla