What happens to you when

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by code34me, Aug 17, 2006.

1. code34me

code34me New Member

you over do it? When you just cant get the rest you need to stay somewhat healthy? I feel very sick and I just dont get to rest like I need to. I am shaky, low fever, bad head pain for days now, sweating and just plain feel like I am dying!

Do you get sick when you over do it and if so what are you symtoms? I am very curious?

Thanks Codey
  2. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Bed rest if possible. I just went through another few days like this, and total rest seems to be the only thing to help. I am paying for back-to-back days of extra activity when an out-of-town guest was in the area. Total exhaustion, feverish feeling, widespread pain, brain fog etc.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]
  3. code34me

code34me New Member

I get very scared when I feel this way! I really feel like I have some terrible infection and am not going to live throught it! I get anxiety bad when I feel like this. Someone said they get the shakes like tremors or something? That is what I get and my head just pounds I have a fever and just panic because I have had two serious infections befor and it feels the same way.

I started thinking that I have been going alot latley and have been pushing myself. I know what it is like to have CFS and FM and started thinking what happens to people with this that dont ever get to rest like they need to? I wanted to see what you all felt like when you flare and crash?

It sounds the same so far and makes me feel soooo much better to know mabey it is a flare and I will live through it!

Once again I did not sleep last night (sick son) and daughter missed the bus this am and woke me up when my son and I were finally sleeping (Whaaa)

I am supose to go to Bunko tonight and Lego Land tomarrow for my sons B-Day with my in-laws who bought the tickets. My son just turned 4 and my daughter will be 14 in a few days (just FYI)

I am going to call and cancel Bunko right now and possibly tell my husband I am not going to Lego Land and that he go and take the family and I stay home and rest. It will be sad but I just cant do it! Right?

Take care and Thanks, Codey
  4. code34me

code34me New Member

Anyone else get this sick? Is is from exhaustion? I am so shakey and weak!

Codey
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

The first symptom for me is a sore throat and low-grade fever. Then I get shakey, my pain gets worse and I feel ill and weepy. Rest is the only thing that helps.

I spent most of the day in bed yesterday and today I woke up feeling better. Of course, now I've been on the computer too long and I'm starting to hurt, so I'm going back to bed.

As others have said here, Codey, you must rest. The more you push yourself, the worse your setback will be.

Lolalee
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear codey,
    When I overdo it, I get really sick. I get extremely wweak, and my body aches. I usually begin to have a congestive heart faliure flare, as CFIDS has weakened my heeart to that extent (My heart is helthy in every other way).

I get a sore throat and sore glands. My vision blurrs and I can't think. I panic easily and fly off the handle easily.

I carry a low grade fever, which is not readily aparent, because my normal temp.is 97.6.

I usually end up spending up to 2 weeks in bed. Sometimes I get very depressed and close off the house, put a sign on the door and hibernate.

I think most of us have some symptoms of other, when we overdo.

Good luck,
    Terry
  7. code34me

code34me New Member

I needed to know this from you all so much! I do just feel like I am not going to live when I feel like this! Anxiety just goes crazy when you feel this way!

My son has Sensory Inregration Dysfunction and does not sleep much and is very demanding of my attention and time. I never get enough rest and have no one to help with him.

So my sleep has been awful and one day last week I got shakey. I did not get good sleep again and then head ache started, neck pain, soar throat and fever. I have been near death before with an infection and this feels just the same way. I am praying to God that this is a flare and your post may be an answer from him!

I feel like I have been hit by a truck the pain is soooo bad! I went to get a message yesturday and my husband took my son to Lego Land today with my inlaws for his 4th birthday and I stayed home becasue I dont want to get worse. I have just filled up the bath with hot water and am going to get in it now and try to rest after that.

Thank you sooooo much friends for your replys!
    Codey
  8. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Code34me,

I started back to work from summer break on Thursday, and I hurt so bad from just two days...

I really don't know how I am going to make it at work...I just spent two days getting class room together...I also feel like I am dying! We have 29 kids in a learning disability setting..thank goodness it is a pull-out program....3 or 4 students for 35 minutes, all day long..

Whewwwwww, I am exhausted already....
    My symptoms are over all body aches, lower back, hip pains, headache, and and shakes.
    Take care,
    Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 08/19/2006]
  9. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I bought an Ipod to try a little music therapy while in pain or in bed. It helps somewhat.

kat
  10. Bambi

Bambi New Member

very tired, ringing ears, stomach distress, constipation, moody, feel like blood is draining out of my hands and feet, sore throat, semi
    depression, weak, fogs and who knows what all.

I have NEVER yet had the whatever it takes to just go to bed and stay there for a day or two. Deep down I'm afraid I'll freeze up and be so stiff and sore I'll be there from now on. I know that's not true but I also just
    have that "female" guilt thing. I can sit in my recliner and do nothing and not feel that way but somehow lying in bed gives me images of laziness. I know it's not but I can't shake the
    feeling.

When I do the self hypnosis before I fall asleep, not all the time but when I need to I always start out in my head saying "This is your time. There is nowhere else you have to be.
    There is nothing else you have to do.
    You deserve to rest and sleep. Your body deserves to sleep....etc etc" and right in there I can SEE the guilt behind what motivates me because even then I have to TELL myself it's ok. UGH! We need to be better to ourselves and not feel guilty about it! Bambi
  11. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I am in so much pain, mostly in my lower back, and I am exhausted. I am walking with a cane (I usually don't have to) just so I can stand upright...sort of. LOL

Today I did the dishes (in the dishwasher) and cooked dinner. It's about 6pm right now, and I think I might go to bed. I have church tomorrow and I don't want to miss it.

Flares are different for everyone, and they are different each time, at least for me.

God Bless.
  12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Codey:

Yes.

All of the symtoms.

I feel like hugging myself right now.

nyrofan
  13. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

And it feels like I'm stuck in a dream.

Make sense?

As somebody else said, I can't stay in bed, as it makes the stiffness & pain worse. So I wander around, like I'm doing now. Internet, tv, back porch, friend's pool. I have gotten a little better at resisting the call of the wild credit cards. ;~)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2006]
  14. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I liked and learned from this post a lot. I never have been able to pinpoint what a flare is and now I know much more.

Intensity...I liked what you said about 20 kinds of hurt and 20 kinds of tired...How can we possible explain to anyone how we feel? It is unbelievable what this condition can do to one...I hate it, but someday I have to quit fighting it, I know it makes me worse.

Jana