What has helped me!!!! From 70% disabled to 10%

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorrene, Sep 19, 2005.

1. dorrene

dorrene New Member

The best help for me has been these supplements:
    Eleuthero Root from Gaia ( this brand works the best) its sibrian ginsing.
    It supports the adrenals. You need to take two three times a day for 5 days then reduce slowly to 2-3 day.
    For my immune system Host Defense mushmoom complex. Very important to do everything you can to support your immune system.
    For cardiac and hypotenison problems I take Hawthorn ticture.
    For improved sleep L-Tryptophan 500mg per 50lbs body weight I can take up to a month to get full results.
    Drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. Whole food vitamins are very important.
    Add sea salt 1/2 tsp to 2 tsp day helps increase fluid volume...less dizzy etc...
    Including fresh vegie juice for potassiam. Keeping your electrolights in balance is important.
    Calium and Magnesim...I find liquad works better.
    Chinese herbs as needed for colds and virus...works great.
    Stay away from chemicals of any kind!!!!
    If you have allergies you must keep your home dust free and no carpets..the bedroom etc...
    For Fibro pain the fish oils EPA and DHA and glucosamine and hot baths, Hot tubs..
    Yoga and walking are the best exercise. Power yoga is great if you are up for it.
  2. dorrene

dorrene New Member

I live in California and buy it at my local health food store. It is hard to find. Look on the internet.
    I did some research on its safty...It really is safe.
    I have been taking it for a year with no problems.
    It does take a month to get the full results.
    I sleep much more soundly now.
  3. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I know someone whose beloved husband died from the tainted batch of L-tryptophane. She's still tortured from the experience and the sweetest woman you ever want to meet.

The other day at my dentist's office, he was explaining to me the saga of the tainted L-tryptophane, and without going into extreme detail, it was the first time that I actually heard that it is likely that this was accomplished by a large drug company at the time that their pharmaceutical was about to be released. I have more details, but let's not get into them. It wasn't even an honestly tainted batch of turkey and was truly originally safe all along. My friend's husband and so many otheres were for all intents and purposes -- well -- Columbo should investigate.
  4. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Yes, there was a problem and it was banned.
    L-Tryptophan is safe if not messed with.
    We were giving it to patients in the hospital.
    All the medications we take are risky. All the western medications are very very risky... I know I am a RN.
    But if you are sick enough you are willing to take a risk.
    Its best not to take anything... if you can.
    Just eat healthy etc...
  5. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

6. over50

over50 New Member

Glad you are feeling better now.
    It would be helpful if you filled out your profile,it makes it easier for us to relate.
    Am so happy this combo seems to be working for you.
    Do you have other health issues?
    Hoping to get to know you a little better,
    Have a great day,Linda
  7. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

5-HTP (5-Hydroxy Tryptophan)

Helps Support Serotonin Levels.

5-HTP, a compound synthesized in the body from the amino acid tryptophan, is closer than L-Tryptophan as the immediate precursor to Serotonin (also known as 5-Hydroxy typtamine or 5-HT) which is found in the brain, blood platelets, and duodenal mucosa cells of the gastrointestinal tract.
  8. tcluna

tcluna New Member

L-Tryptophan ban was lifted in the US this year.