~~What has helped me so Far~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Feb 17, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I finally started to take things into my own hands in Dec. I was getting no where at the dr. and getting really depressed..I'm sure everybody knows how that goes..

I still do go to the dr...but I usually have to tell her what I want done...I should say...I quit taking all the drugs she kept wanting me to take all the time..She is ok with the things I have started though..so that helps..

I got on here and started asking alot of questions...So many people have helped alot..Especially Stormyskye..Thank you to everybody who has listen to me probably repeat myself a hundred times..

I am not saying that I am better yet..but I think I am heading in a right direction..I do know it is going to take a long time...

For starters...The first thing I did was stop taking any meds. I was on...I think at that time I was just taking Prilosec and clarinex..so that was not hard to stop.

Then..I quite eating sugar..NONE..It is still very hard. Sometimes depressing..LOL

Plus I changed my diet..I eat a lot of raw. I can not go all raw..I still eat a pretty normal dinner...I just make sure I add in the raw alot...I only drink water..as much as I can. The things I don't eat are anything with sugar..not a whole lot of bread..no cheese or milk..I do eat alot of almonds...carrots sticks..other veggies..and I eat a ton of plain natural yogurt. And I make sure I eat a big salad everyday..

Then I started "The Shake"...This was ONE of the best things I did. It took about a week and I was sleeping all night and dreaming..I hadn't had a dream since I don't knwo when. Plus it made my bowels move much better. And as for my mood...well it is soooo much better than it was. I can actually think positive.

After I was on the shake for a while I started making it for my whole family..And since have given the reciepe to several people...It is amazing what it has done for all of us...I will have to do another post to tell you all the stuff that it has done for us.

Then I odered my Threelac...So glad I did...When I was taking the prilosec(and before that) I always had this feeling that I was going to throw up all the time..Dr. always tells me it's acid...Well I think the meds. were making me worse..I think since I have started the Threelac my stomach just gets better everyday..

Then I added Paud'arco...I don't feel anything any different taking it..but that I think is a good thing..I don't think you should feel it..I just know it is doing me some good..And once in a while I take echinecia and goldenseal root.

I still have a few supplements that I want to add..I just really take it slow..So in time I will add something else..

I exercise when I have time...But when I do I don't over do it..I walk on my treadmill for 10 min. really fast..just enough to get things loosened up. Feels good. Or I do simple stretches through out the day..I know I should be doing more..in time I will. I just have a problem with taking the time to do it.

I have hit a few bumps in the road already..but those are to be expected...Just last week I was terribly constipated..I don't want that to happen again..I felt terrible all over..Which I think is a problem of mine alot. I came on here and so many people helped me..I ended up taking milk of mag. and eating prunes..My stomach is much better again..Now I make sure I eat prunes everyday and I think I will just take a small dose of the milk of mag. every night. A preventative thing..

I just really hate to read on here all the people that are on so many different meds. and they are not feeling any better.. If fact I think some feel worse..I know I did.. I have taken several different things in the last 6 years..muscle relaxers...pain meds...antidepressants..nothing ever helped as much as the things I have just done in the last 2 1/2 months..

So as I said..I am not totally better..I still have a lot of pain..but I definately see changes going on for the good..And I know I am heading in the right track..

I just wanted to share with you all what I have done in just a short time that I can feel a difference..I know I have a long road ahead of me..but I am ready to get better.

I hope everyone else can find a way to help them get better soon too!!!!:)

Take Care,
    SherylD

P.S. I forgot to add in there that I also drink a glass of Brownwoods Acre Tart Cherry Juice everyday also...Helps pretty good with the pain..[This Message was Edited on 02/18/2006]
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Glad you are feeling so much better. Getting better does take time and effort, and it sounds like you are on your way. Thanks for sharing and hope you continue to improve!

Katy
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I take very few meds myself and agree, we should carefully scrutinize if we really need the meds we take.

I can't say how many times doctors gave me prescriptions I never took.

Can you please post the recipe for the "shake" - somehow I missed it. (Did it cause constipation?)

Thanks
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

The Shake...I will bump the thread..It is Stormyskyes protocal and the shake..I think..Just watch for it..

It will do the opostite..It helps with going to the bathroom..It has flax in it..It is pretty good. My whole family has it every morning..

You should definetly try it..

SherylD
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

do you have CFS or FM? For how long? What were your biggest symptoms? What is the Paud'arco used for? What dose do you take?

I am still tyrin to adjust the shake. I can't seem to get it right. It doesn't taste good enough for me to eat.

Thanks. I hope your good health continues!
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

.... for sharing. Every little bit of information is helpful.

Kathy.
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I too really want to get better! This message board has really helped me with that.
    I have never taken meds. even tho i've been encouraged too, and some even prescribed.
    Just never felt like that was the real answer to the problem.
    I was hoping stormys "Shake" was a first step i could manage.
  9. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have been DD with FM..but I am pretty sure I have CF with it...

I have definetly been sick for 6 years now..I think I had some issues before that..but really bad since I was pg with my daughter..6 yr.ago.

My symptoms...flu like..hurt everywhere..especially my neck and now my hips really bad. Sooo tired. My muscles are soo tense all the time..I have terrible TMJ problems along with headaches everyday...I get bad dizzy spells...kinda a floaty feeling..Plus my stomach issues..

The paud'arco is a kinda all around good help..immune..infections..yeast..Stormy has a thread on here that is a herb list..I know it is on there..And so are some other things..I think it is worth reading..I take one paud'arco a day..thinking of starting to take 2..It is 500 mg.

As for the shake...just keep playing with it..Do you like cinnamon? I have to have cinn in mine..Or make a smoothie with some yogurt and strawberries and bananas..Or you could just have a bowl of cereal..put in your ingred in there..eat an apple and almonds separate...Keep playing with it...Trust me it does make a difference..especially with sleep and mood..

Hope I answered all of your questions..And I hope you are feeling better soon..:)

SherylD

10. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I am going to go back and read your post in more detail, there's lot of good info there ... just wanted to say thank you for sharing in such detail.

I guess I'm going to have to break down and try the darn shake, lol! I've never seen anything negative about it here, except perhaps difficulty in flavoring it correctly. I'm just so darn rushed in the mornings that I can't see myself being disciplined enough to be consistent with it. The evidence is becoming quite clear that it works, though, and I really should give it a go.

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!!! What great news. I love hearing that from the members here. It gives everyone HOPE! :)

I've had an excellent week myself ... only problem is that I haven't done anything different so I'm not sure what to attribute that to so I can't share any revelations. Just happy that I've had a bit more energy and much less pain. Heck, I even got on a cleaning spree last night, which hardly EVER happens, even when I'm feeling good. That was amazing in itself and I kept marveling at how good I felt. Wonder where that went this morning????? LOL!

Have a wonderful weekend ... stay warm wherever you are!

Kat
  11. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Don't you love those weeks when you feel great?? Mine ususally happens the week after my period..Not all the time but some months I get lucky...

As for the shake..I don't have time in the morning either...Make it at night..and make a double batch..good for a couple of days..That's what I do..I make it for the whole family..

The kids are getting bored with it...I need to think of a different way to make it for them..

You should just try it for a couple of weeks and see...

Good luck to you...