What has helped me with CFS and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorrene, Sep 19, 2005.

1. dorrene

dorrene New Member

I am a health care professional suffering with CFS and fibro 8 years. These supplememts have really helped me.

The best help for me has been these supplements:

Eleuthero Root its sibrian ginsing.
    It supports the adrenals. You need to take two three times a day for 5 days then reduce slowly to 2-3 day.

For cardiac and hypotenison problems I take Hawthorn ticture.
    For improved sleep L-Tryptophan 500mg per 50lbs body weight I can take up to a month to get full results.

Drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. Whole food vitamins are very important.
    Add sea salt 1/2 tsp to 2 tsp day helps increase fluid volume...less dizzy etc...

Including fresh vegie juice for potassiam. Keeping your electrolights in balance is important.
    Calium and Magnesim...I find liquad works better.

Chinese herbs as needed for colds and virus...works great.
    Stay away from chemicals of any kind!!!!
    If you have allergies you must keep your home dust free and no carpets..the bedroom etc...

For Fibro pain the fish oils EPA and DHA and glucosamine and hot baths, Hot tubs.. Magnets place on tender areas.
    Yoga and walking are the best exercise. Power yoga is great if you are up for it.
  2. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I don't post here all that often, but your post, dorene, is perfect for me to add on to.

I went to the dentist recently and had more work done for a TMJ reason than my body could easily accomodate. While I'm not thrilled with the results, I did learn about something pretty terrific that I would like to add to dorrene's post:

My dentist has his own fair share of physical problems that he has clearly overcome as he looks radiantly healthy in spite of a disability that you only notice when he walks. For this reason, I suppose, he is somewhat holistic in nature. Anyway, he recommended a supplement to me called Intenzyme Forte after doing 11 teeth.

I looked it up on the internet, and you can find it there, pretty easily, but he gave me a phone number and told me I needed a doctor or his authorization to get it, but I don't believe that this is really necessary. I was supposed to take Medrol Dose Pack, however you spell it, but I knew that was a strong steroid and would lower my resistance and wouldn't go near the stuff, and tried this instead.

Okay, so I took three tablets twice a day for ten days, and all of the swelling, everywhere in my body has gone away; my gums, around my fingernails, my stomach flattened, my joints aren't anywhere near as sore.

I don't get it, but it does fit with my feeling that I'm allergic to something in my body. I am writing this now only because I'm totally freaked out at how flat my stomach is for the first time in three years, and it has been exactly 10 days that I've been taking this crap. I'm just hoping that maybe it will help someone else, too. I have to add that I was told adamantly to be sure to take it on a completely empty stomach.

If you get it, just try a small bottle to see if you like it. At first, the dentist just gave me some pills out of the receptionist's bottle to try. He says that even his kids take it; so I think it's pretty mild stuff. I so hope it helps someone.

Best to all,

Bebe
  3. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Yes, I just started taking them. I have been told they will clear up imflamation and all sorts of things. Very highly recommanded by alterative health care people.
    They do take a while to get the full result and you may have to take up to 5 caps three times a day for 2-3 months then 1-2 three times a day. On an empty stomach.
  4. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I live in Ca., too. Can't wait to know what you think and if they make as much of a difference for you. It did take several days before I noticed much of a difference. Very slow...but I wondered, first, about the skin around my nails, after a week. It smoothed out and wasn't vaguely red with skin growing everywhere any longer. That was my first real tip-off that something was going on. It must eat inflammation everywhere.

I know you can take more, but I didn't want to post high amounts on the board since I'm new to taking them, and the amount that they suggest that you take on the bottle is even less.