What has worked for you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by selmad, Dec 11, 2002.

1. selmad

selmad New Member

I guess I'll try this again since I don't see my post, I must have violated some message board rules. I can't seem to open the message board rules when I click on it, so I don't know. I'm trying to share what worked for me and wonder what supplements etc have been the most influential for others. I won't mention any brand names in this go around. In addition to an allergy free diet, exercise, eliminating chemical exposure , stress reduction etc . I've tried all kinds of supplements--- vitamins, minerals , herbs, blue green algae, MSM , you name it and I think I've tried it. Many supplements made me worse and made my joints ache........ I now am drinking good herbal teas , especially those high in Iron, Mg and Calcium --ones that strengthen my nervous system which I know is shot and a big issue with FMS. I also take a product based on plant sterols and sterolins--- these supposedly have been proven to help balance the immune system and many folks have had good success who have immune system issues such as FMS, Lupus, asthma, osteoarthritis, etc. Has anyone else tried plant sterols/sterolins? I found that it made a significant difference--and I can't say that about any of the other supplements I tried. I took it for 2 years and had no major flare ups---went off of it and then to the dentist which caused my FMS to flare up again, so now I am back on it. I have not tried the coral calcium and thinking maybe about adding it in the evening to help me go into deeper sleep and again further strengthen my nervous system which needs all the support it can get! Any one else had good results with plant sterols/sterolins?
  2. selmad

selmad New Member

I guess I'll try this again since I don't see my post, I must have violated some message board rules. I can't seem to open the message board rules when I click on it, so I don't know. I'm trying to share what worked for me and wonder what supplements etc have been the most influential for others. I won't mention any brand names in this go around. In addition to an allergy free diet, exercise, eliminating chemical exposure , stress reduction etc . I've tried all kinds of supplements--- vitamins, minerals , herbs, blue green algae, MSM , you name it and I think I've tried it. Many supplements made me worse and made my joints ache........ I now am drinking good herbal teas , especially those high in Iron, Mg and Calcium --ones that strengthen my nervous system which I know is shot and a big issue with FMS. I also take a product based on plant sterols and sterolins--- these supposedly have been proven to help balance the immune system and many folks have had good success who have immune system issues such as FMS, Lupus, asthma, osteoarthritis, etc. Has anyone else tried plant sterols/sterolins? I found that it made a significant difference--and I can't say that about any of the other supplements I tried. I took it for 2 years and had no major flare ups---went off of it and then to the dentist which caused my FMS to flare up again, so now I am back on it. I have not tried the coral calcium and thinking maybe about adding it in the evening to help me go into deeper sleep and again further strengthen my nervous system which needs all the support it can get! Any one else had good results with plant sterols/sterolins?
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

The only supplements I take are Magnesium and Calcium. The Magnesium really helps my muscles. I take a multi-vitamin and Vitamin C & E. I also take Ultracet as needed. I haven't investigated too many supplements and take enough pills already, so I'm not too crazy about taking even more pills.

Annette2