What Helped Me (ft3)

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Amyiable, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Amyiable

Amyiable New Member

I was taking Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate, cortisol shots for pain. Difficulty, using hands to open doors, turn knobs, dressing, and sometime walking. Doctors insisted that my pain was from arthritis.

Later, I learned that my ft3 was low, began researching, and eventually taking desiccated thyroid hormone. I had no idea the pain would actually disappear once ft3 was in the top 1/3 of the lab range. But, disappear it did. My rheummy doesn't understand why I no longer need any the arthritis drugs, & she says I'll be back. Maybe I will, But I'm on year 8, since I've stopped those meds.

Other benefits since getting ft3 up, my bones. My bones were steadily declining, every year, and I was osteopenic, bordering osteoporosis. After starting desiccated thyroid meds, the bone decline stopped and then began to improve. As of last Dec, I am no longer osteopenic. Other benefits, food allergies. I still have them, but not nearly as bad. Depression better. Fatigue - much much better, and I can make it through a full day at work.

The main reason doctors did not recognize a thyroid problem is that I they like to rely on TSH test to tell how the thyroid is doing. The TSH test measures a pituitary hormone, not a thyroid hormone, and is terribly unreliable. I learned this from an online group, and then had to find a doctor who also understood this. There are plenty doctors out there who understand. In fact, all Integrative Wellness doctors know that the TSH test is faulty. Mainstream doctors rarely know it.

I still have problems with other low hormones. My growth hormone is at the bottom or below the lab reference range. I also have low sex hormones, but do not tolerate taking them, or haven't figured out the right mix.

I would like to know if anyone else has tried growth hormones. I know hormones are very individualistic. We are all different and respond differently. I've been searching for hormone related posts, but am having difficulty finding those.

Amy