what helps severe Restless Legs syndrome???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iggyangel, Aug 6, 2006.

1. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

I take clonopin .5mg at night, but now I notice I am having problems during the day as well.... what do you all take for this?
    please help,
    this is painful and annoying.
    blessings,
    Iggy
  2. I have restless legs syndrome as well, it was diagnosed at the same time I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. I take only 2mg per night, but I also take elavil and xanax. My doctor told me that your levels have to be correct in your blood or the meds don't work properly. Do you take either of those meds? If you are having day time issues with RLS, I would speak to a Neurologist. There is a name brand drug for RLS, Requip.. it's just very expensive, so I opted for Klonopin. I don't know if I helped any, but I sure hope you figure out why this is happening durring the daytime.

Love,
    Sickandtiredalways34
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I use a small dose of Mirapex. Because of only being able to use a small dose they added 1 mg Klonopin, 20 mg Oxycodone, & 50 mg Trazodone after the sleep study. I still did not sleep until we added a small 50 mg of Lyrcia.

I also have to take warm baths at night and get regular massages. I bought a massage tool that I rub over my leg that helps. Caffeine will make it worse. For the pain I also use Lidoderm patches and Ben Gay Patches.

It is a miserable feeling. I hope you find some relief.
  4. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

Ultram 50mg 4times per day. And Trazadone at night 100 mg now i cut back on the ultram and i am on Methadone 10 mg 3 times per day for pain RLS still gone.Ultram works great for RLS. good luck and peaceful sleep
    Amy
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

My mom takes requip too and it helps her restless legs.

Kriket
  6. iggyangel

iggyangel New Member

I see my rheummie this thursday and I will ask him to up the dosage of clonapin. I do not have insurance so I cannot afford the new stuff..
    As soon as i get insurance I need to see a neurologist cuz the problem seems to be worsening...
    Ill ask about pain management also. sometimes I noticed if its not under control my legs go crazy..
    Blessings,
    Iggy
  7. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Check with your insurance. It might cover it.

God Bless.
  8. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Have you tried using a soap bar at the foot of your bed?

I've heard that this works by placing a bar of soap under the bottom sheet.

Worth a try.....I hope you find relief soon.

carolin
  9. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

That soap thing does apparently work. I remember other threads where people said it worked.

I used to have terrible restless legs - long before I ever heard it had a name or that anyone else ever had the problem. Getting up and walking around would help a lot but one day I was trapped in the back seat of a car on an 8-hour drive when it started. We had just gotten on the turnpike and I knew my father wouldn't stop for 2 hours. I was almost out of my mind.

In desperation, just for the sake of doing something, I took two Anacin. It worked!! I couldn't believe it. After that I would take Anacin, or plain aspirin if that's all I had, and it almost always worked.

Don't ask me why I don't get them now - I have no idea. But I will say that for a while a couple years ago I was getting "restless body" - the same sensations but all over. Imagine that! Sure am glad that stopped!
  10. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

My doctor put me on quinine tablets. He wanted to try this first before anything else as they have the least side effects. Boy has it made a difference. I take it before I go to sleep at night. I alternate between that and the Neurontin. I do not take both together. The neurontin though prescribed for Hot flashes believe it or not, also helps my fibro pain somewhat.