What helps your fibromyalgia the Most?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jul 17, 2006.

1. I know we have done this before, but not for awhile. What seems to help you the most?
  2. shorty2

shorty2 New Member

heat seems to be the only help i get hot epson salts baths heating pad. i also have rls an hot baths help shorty2
  3. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

Hi, I feel since I have been out of work, I have been somewhat better, unless I aggravate it. I can work at my own pace, much less pressure, ability to rest when needed. Not commiting yourself to future plans, because we take one day at a time. This way if you don't commit, you don't have to worry how you will be feeling that day. I feel doing what I want, when I want, makes me feel much better.

Take Care!!!
  4. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

Not to be a downer or a whiner but so far i have found anyhing that helps me. I have been getting so much worse. However i am not going to give up trying new things i will keep trying things until i find something that helps.

I'll also keeping coming back to this post to see if something someone else tried might help me, Take care.

ALWAYS TRY TO STAY POSITIVE, EVEN WHEN ITS REALLY HARD!
  5. bump anyone else?
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

So far, the effexor has been the best thing for me, with ativan for sleep.

I was so scared to take it, but when I finally took, it has really changed my life.

Not for everyone, I know, but a lifesaver for me.

Take Care,
    Sue in Ontario
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

it's the heat! have to be so careful of headaches! When it gets below 40 degrees out i'm pretty much not functioning much !! And yeah i live up here in MT so it's half and half! Nov-March cold and snowy! April-oct nice and warm! Right now i'm getting around pretty good!

Also the diet (raw foods as much as possible!) Whole grains skim milk-eggs-lean chicken and alittle turkey! only drink water and decaf tea and 2 cups of coffee in the Am: and the water!
  8. myshay

myshay New Member

Hi! I was just diagnosed today w/ FMS. My mom has it and has been telling me for months that she thought I had it too. I blew her off and said she was overreacting but after months of the symptoms getting worse, I read a book she has about FMS. It described my symptoms perfectly! Luckily my family Dr. isn't one of those who will just talk down to you and downplay your concerns. I told her about my mom and how I've been feeling and she immediately referred me to a rheumatologist. I have been previously diagnosed w/ tendonitis in my shoulders, arthritis in my knees and carpal tunnel. The carpal tunnel symptoms seemed to subside after I moved back home and didn't have to do absouletly everything for my toddler on my own. I'm glad I found this group.. just reading through the posts everyone seems to be helpful and informative! Oh yeah, my name is Valerie. Hope to learn more from all of you!
  9. jole

jole Member

Heat. I too do so much better in the summer with the pain usually, but the barometric pressures this summer have kicked my butt!

Meds for pain and headaches.

Not getting overstimulated or overtired.

Hopefully cutting back on work will.
  10. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I count myself very lucky to be able to have both a hot tub..and a pool. Being in the water often is the only time I don't ache...or hurt anywhere..and I think some extra sunshine helps with my energy levels ..and I KNOW it helps me have a brighter outlook on the day.
    Medically the only thing I would hate to do without is my pain medication..there are times I wouldn't get out of the chair all day without it. NOT my favorite thing, but if that is the only way I can have some movement in the day...then the doc and I agree..it is worth taking them!
  11. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Heating pads - I HAVE to have them. I have 3 right now. They just make such a big difference comfort-wise that i can't do without them. I just got a huge Thermophore one, which is great, and i also alternate with a regular one, and a massaging one for certain spots (especially my legs).

Water - Drinking and baths. Drinking lots of water all day seems to help (or at least i know it HURTS to go without it), and I take a hot bath every night to try to ease some of the pain in my muscles and help me sleep. Hot tubs are nice when I can get out to use one.

Pain meds - I may not feel great with them, but i feel absolutely awful without them, so they are just neccessary right now.
  12. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

BEST FRIEND!!!!
  13. suzetal

suzetal New Member

What helped me most is my meds.

A combo of cymbalta 120 mg and nueontrin 1800 mg a day.

After 3 weeks of taking the two I'm out of bed and can function a little.I'm not cured I still have pain and need to pace myself.

I also in the summer go in the pool to exercise my legs and arms.I can not out of the water I think it has to do do with the weightless thing in the water.

Also hopping to get a hut tub this winter.

For Every Day A New Dawn Will Come.......Sue
  14. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

the most is my hot tub but today i am in a flare and it was 97 degrees here in the far suburbs of chicago or 110 witht the heat index and way too hot to use it.

angell
  15. maxsy1221

maxsy1221 New Member

High angellwoffe...i see yourin the burbs of chicag0?? Me too. Ilive in St. charles. Now I know i can feel at home! lol How long have yoy had fibr?? I've had it for 6 years..............Thx pam
  16. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

I live near McHenry. I've been suffering since my teens. Since i had scoliosis they said it was that. Since you are so close, St Charles is only 30 to 45 minutes away so i guess we're neighbors.Have you found a good nearby doctor yet? I'm still looking, I know there's one in Maywood that specializes and does only fms but that's a long haul.

Angell
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]