What I am discovering... FM/CFS/Interstitial Cystitis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Aug 24, 2008.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

To make a long story short... my youngest was recently diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis ( it took 2 years ). In all of the material I've read and continue to get from the National IC Association, there is a link between these three illnesses. My oldest daughter came down with CFS after a severe bout of mononucleosis. She also has irritable bowel syndrome. The studies have shown that there is a link to migraines and TMJ. I have had all of these things over the course of my lifetime. I'm feeling very freaked out about it all. Can any of you make the same connections ?? I was always "tagged" as a sick child growing up. I seemed to get everything that came down the pike. My Mom passed away so I can't ask her but the things she used to complain about ( sore joints, back , shoulders, etc etc) was always explained away as being arthritis or her nerves etc etc... she also suffered from migraines. My family also suffers from anxiety / depression. Is anyone else able to put stuff like this together ??
    P.S. We all have had our gallbladders removed also !![This Message was Edited on 08/24/2008]
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had this from as early as 3. I have FM, CFS, IC, GERD, IBS, Vulvodynia, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Vestibulitis.

I was always a sick kid as well. I have had my gall bladder removed. I have also had a monstrous ovarian cyst removed along with 1 tube and 1 ovary.
  3. jenbooks13

jenbooks13 New Member

For one thing, go off all gluten. I think there is a lot of undiagnosed celiac and when I hear about a family with 3 generations of troubles, that's what I think of. Wait six months to see if you see any improvement.

For another, with chronic migraines, irritable bowel, you may need extra magnesium.
  4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I tried that myself but I do not have Celiac. Although it would be good to get tested. There are labs in the US, one in Texas I think, where you can send your own samples and have them test it for you.
  5. jenbooks13

jenbooks13 New Member

A biopsy is the only true test, or else go off gluten for at least six months and have NO GLUTEN AT ALL, you have to be super vigilant esp about prepared foods. If you look at the research, occasional gluten will screw up the whole healing process completely.

Mine was negative because you must be eating the equivalent of four pieces of bread a day to get a positive.

They don't tell you that.

I think just going off gluten is the best idea and see how you do.

LISALOO New Member

I had CFS first, and it's an autoimmune disease, if your body is attacking one thing, then you're open to other autoimmune diseases like FM/CFS.