What I hate about Brainfog.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nah.stacey, Feb 8, 2010.

1. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Putting something in a safe place and then not remembering the safe place...**&&Z^^%Crap

add your own
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2010]
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Wordfinding diffictulty... I go to say a word, and it totally goes away and I can't retrieve it! Very embarrassing, especially when it's someone's name. It's getting worse as time goes by.

Good post!

3. CaptLex

CaptLex New Member

Yup and yup, I can relate to both of those. Or going to another room to get something and then forgetting what it was when I get there.
  4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I'm sorry.......what was the question? :) :)
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

all of the above.....the word finding thing and my slowed processing of verbal input and output are the ones that bother me the most -put together they make having a conversation in person very challenging at times (esp in a grp - by the time I figure out what was said and how I want to respond the topic has completely changed).....I also cannot tell you how many times I have thought I said something in a conversation only to realize much later that I never actually verbalized half of what I was thinking....or I combine two words or substitute one that is related but does not mean the same thing
  6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I say the complete opposite from what I intended to say... my kids and I have gotten lots of laughs from my bloopers!
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I forget what I'm trying to say, what I was going to say, want to say etc.
    I also mix up words quite often like : Go to the keys and get my car please. I'll repeat it several times to my family whiile they stare at me or giggle and I still won't catch it.

What I find worse than anything is my lack of comprehension sometimes. Often times I just 'don't get it'. It's awful when I'm at work. Some of the tasks I do, do not allow for mistakes, they can be costly, cost up business on top of that. I just can't wrap my brain around the simplest of things sometimes. THAT bothers me more than anything.

I have noticed that it's much worse when I'm in more pain.

Ain't this fun?
  8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I have put things in a "safe" place and then I can't remember where and it drives me nuts.