What I need most right now.......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Nov 15, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've learned so much from the FM board, made friends and hopefully helped some people along the way.

But what I need most right now is exactly this.....chit chat, venting, friendships and advice or understanding too. Connections with others...

I've been feeling like I've learned what I need to know right now to make my body physically a bit better so I've been passing up a lot of the posts on the other board and just reading a few each day.

My dear friend moved away from Stuttgart in August and my other dearest friend in the world lost her phone service right before Sept so I've really had no one to talk to about the things that are going on in my life. And the one who lost her phone service has a schizophrenic son too so that really helps when we can talk for hours a week and unload.

I think I've isolated myself a bit and I feel like I've lost the ability to focus on anything but my household full of problems. (mostly daughter)

I need the lighthearted jokes...sometimes it's the only time I laugh that day.

I need to share the problems of everyday life with people more knowledgeable than me and I'd like to hear what's going on in your lives too.

I think it's time for me to find a few minutes to go to base and talk to someone up there where I can dump my problems on their desk and just leave them. (So I don't dump too much here)

Here's hoping that the Chit Chat board continues in the spirit that was intended....friendships, caring and sharing. Let's leave the judgements and arguments behind at the FM board.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, Nancy - I'll second that! I feel as if I'm marking time physically - always glad to read the newest research news, but just about done with all I know how to do. What I need is what you need: people to laugh with, to understand the frustrations without dwelling on being sick. Friends!

3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hi Nancy,

I was not a member when the Chit Chat board was available in the past. I've been participating in The Porch thread which basically has let us form a bond. I, like you, need something more than medical knowledge. I've read your posts before and maybe now we can use the chit chat forum to forge friendships that we so badly need.

The birthday thread is special and it has means so much to people. Thank you for doing that and for sharing with me the reason that you do that thread each month. I tried for awhile to send everyone a wish but brain fog and fatigue took over and I could not keep up. It did make me feel good because at times, it was the only special wish that they got on their birthday.

I look forward to "talking" with you again.

4. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hi honey!!!!!

I am right there with you!!!!!

I have been having a hard time posting for months on the FM/CFS board too and not because of anything anyone was doing but I am in a place where I need company more then anything now.

I also pretty much know where I am in my illness and what I need to be doing and I want to help others and will definitely be on the FM/CFS board still and add to a post when I can but again this is what I needed as a lot of us did!

I am so glad that many of us have developed friendships here! Nobody knows what it's like more then we do!

5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Nancy

I think I am in the same place as the rest of you. I have had FM for a long time. I am still interested in new ideas and will still read the posts on the FM board but mostly just need some company.

This condition is so isolating and I get tired of my own company. Count me in for all the chats!

hugs Redwillow
  6. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi all,
    You sound like I feel. The are times when all the medical talk is just more than I want to deal with. I'm a people person and that comes first with me. Don't get me wrong I don't mind it to a degree but we need more to our relationships with others here that talking symptoms. I would rather know each as a friend and know your interests too. We were people before we became patients and that will always count big. Thanks for starting this one Nancy B. It was a very good idea. Maineweezie
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

But I feel like such a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.....and I almost deleted this post!

I haven't spoken much about my daughter since someone mentioned again that you can google your username and see (enough of) the things you've written about here on this board.

Too many of the results came up with 'my daughter' in them and it worried me that she might someday find them or that I was invading her privacy.

Maybe I'll ask Tech Support again if I can change my username to something that no one in the family would be able to identify.

I just wanted to thank you all for reaching out....it's been a really rough 6 months or so for me (on top of the 2 year flare) and I needed this so much.

Nancy B
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

["I haven't spoken much about my daughter since someone mentioned again that you can google your username and see (enough of) the things you've written about here on this board." ]

EEEEEEEK! And I always thought Google was so helpful.

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You can't read everything but when I googled my username, it came up with many statements from here starting with 'my daughter'...

Of course you need to be signed up here to read the rest but that's easy enough to do. If it was for me, I'm not sure I'd mind but in her present state, I think I'm even more protective of her than I ever was.

Or at least I try to be......

Nancy B
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I worried about that when someone first said that you could Google your user name and find our post.

Certainly with your special needs Tech Support would let you change your user name. You need someone to talk with and to feel safe about it. You do need an outlet and this is the perfect place.

Is your daughter still at home with you and how is she? My son has severe anxiety problem with panic attacks. There is nothing worse than your child having a problem that you can't fix.

I'm glad you started the thread.

11. victoria

victoria New Member

I get thru the day by finding humor whenand in whatever I can... sometimes my family thinks I've just gone crazy lol........ but that's okay!

And now both boards will be easier to search for what we want!

Hmmm, Nancy, yes, you might want to change your user name if that's your real last name especially? I googled it to just see, as I've heard that before, and actually came up with ebay first, then this site:

LymeDisease Message Board
    Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Lyme, CFIDS/FM, Victoria, 10, 11/05/06 06:45 PM. Stephen Buhner's Core Protocol, brooksiemom, 12, 11/02/06 10:08 PM ...
    www.lymediseasechat.com/messageboards/index.cfm?b=LymeDisease - 43k -

AND there I was too. Well, nobody'd know who I was unless they read my profile perhaps... but they'd have to know me first to figure it out...

Others have had their user names changed for similarly good reasons, so you could probably do so as well.

all the best,

12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

E-mailed me this morning and I can change my username!!!!!

Now this tired ol' brain just has to come up with something I can remember that will be private enough to make me unidentifiable. (is that a word??)

I'll be busy thinking of a new one today.

Nancy B
  13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

14. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Now that was hilarious!!!!!!!!!

15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Exactly!!! Boy we surely ned friendships. I just lost a friend of 12 years due to her being spiteful and nothing else-I hate that, when someone turns that way and then tries to load it over. So I have just two friends and my best friend, My DH.

Here is a laugh. I was feeling a little better yesterday due to a fantastic massage I had-she even did the SPOA muscle that releases the awful stomach problems. Anyway, it was the school dance. I even had my hair cut (first time in years)and I put on makeup and dressed up. Little Danny (my 12 year old with autism) said, "Mommy you look just like a realtor with your plastic face on!!!"

Katemac good to see you here too. I think of you often.

Love Annie
  16. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm so happy that you can change your username. You need to feel comfortable when you post and this needs to be a safe place for all of us. I did a Google seach again on my user name and I got many hits.

Anne, I am so glad you finally got a massage. They have helped me so much. So you look like a realtor now. Danny is a such a joy to you. I love your relationship with him. Are you doing partial home schooling now? I've missed that somehow?

What is everyone doing on Thanksgiving day?

17. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Morning all,

Ok this will most likly be short for me. hard to type when I don't really feel the fingers. Any how I was told by my geeky brother. What the hell as he does nothing but play with computers he has turned professional even.Well enough about his bakground but according to him the google search is actually in your computer you're typing on at the time. Something about temp files etc. So to keep things tucked away like your teenage diaries be sure to clean your cache files often. Go to start button,systems tools,clean files and folders. Let it do it's little cha cha.Make sure what's on the list and that temp files are checked.Now hit clean. Depending on how much or long you've used it as to clean up time.Sorta like doing a spring cleaning. Hope that helps.Unless you've saved things that are deliberate no one except a pro will be able to read your stuff. Weezie
  18. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I like your idea of a file clean up but you lost me after the start button. Where are these system files?

hugs Redwillow
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2006]
  19. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

let us know what your name is going to be when you decide.

i changed mine for the same reason. i was even more identifiable. never again.used my first and last name. and well if i ever go job searching again. they can google my name.

i wished i knew of a way to ungoogle that!

20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You asked about Thanksgiving and we have friends here who have this large cabin way on top of a hill in the middle of nowhere. To reach it you drive up a road that resembles and probably was a river bed. We park at the bottom and they come and fetch us!!! They built the cabin themselves using trees they hand stripped and reclaimed stuff. They dug a big pond with an island and have a huge veggie garden there. They planned to retire there but they hardly use the place now.

Anyway, we are going up there and taking mom and dad and Danny's little friend and her family to meet our friends. We did think of sleeping over except I am worried about hunters on the 24th and our friend lets them hunt that day.

I also get a bit worried there as a man who was wanted by the police and there was a hige manhunt for him had found the cabin and stolen guns from it. He is now caught and behind bars but it worries me that weirdos seem able to find these places that are so hidden away. So we shall just go for four hours or so. It is meant to be fine.

I hear you had a tornado near you, how did you go on?

Love Annie