What if you can't sweat???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggyfroggy, Jun 15, 2008.

1. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I wonder whether that really derails your ability to get rid of toxins?
    Would saunas be dangerous? How about the far-infrared ones?

Anyone know of anything that would encourage the body to sweat? A supplement of any kind?

I sweat a tiny tiny bit, but even when I was a active well person who exercised a lot I didn't sweat enough and had to carry water to spray myself with so I wouldn't overheat terribly.

Any Ideas?

2. hi all,

i dont know if you are detoxing or not.i am.

im drinking cranberry juice three times a day,and pre boiled water,that has been chilled in the fridge, at regular intervals.

ive been doing this for many months,but just this past week,i stopped sweating under my arms.

this is a first for me,and now i dont have to use anti persperants.

my hubby says im not sweating,or smelling of sweat,because my body is clean inside.

he thinks that if i stopped doing the detox,and just ate any food i wanted too,the sweating would come back.

my water works seem ok,no problems there.

its much different to about, two or three weeks ago,when i got ill at work.

love fran

maybe we are able to control our body tempreture,at last,while drinking plenty of cold water.and thats why im not sweating now,as my body isnt over heated.

mind you,im at home,not work,so that will be another matter,if and when i do manage to go back to work.

3. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad your detoxing seems to be working well!

That's my concern - I feel like I'm pretty toxic and I'm hoping that if I can figure out a way to sweat some of the toxins out maybe it would help. I do drink a lot, and I use Lemon water and decaf Green tea mixed, which I think helps 'wash' me clean(er).

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

tried taking a hot bath with 2 cups of Epsom salt? Soak for about 20 minutes--bring a glass of cold water with you to drink. Then rinse off and go rest in bed for awhile.

When I feel toxic I do this at night and then go to bed.
  5. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Hi Gretchen,

I perspired well as a child, but reached an age where that ceased ... I didn't sweat.

Once I started on T3 (active thyroid hormone) meds, that turned around BIG TIME. And I started feeling better -- less pain, more energy.

If you haven't had a complete thyroid panel -- free T3, free T4, antibodies (beyond TSH) -- with received (by yourself) & studied lab reports -- you could be missing out. So often our labs may be borderline while we're told everything is perfectly normal.

Best wishes.