WHAT ? in the World

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by elliespad, Dec 19, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Okay, not too hard. Just something to occupy us. What is this and what is its' claim to fame? And WHY might it be of special interest to CFIDS/Fibro patients?
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

or claim to fame but is it a water shute in a swimming area??

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

of these. Two if we have a lot of money.

It is the vital electro-magtron-omzister that is in every computer in America. Trust me. If yours goes out, you will soon be shopping for a replacement, maybe a new computer.

They will probably be on sale after the holidays. Buy one now and be prepared.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Ouch - sorry, I should have said to click on my profile, so you can play the game.

Rock - too funny

Rosiebud is almost there. But what is its' claim to fame? And what about it would be of special interest to US?
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Don't know but I got dizzy just looking at it!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

YUP, YUP, YUP. It's the LONGEST. What else about it makes it special?
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Hmm..why might the world's longest waterslide be of interest to CFIDS/Fibro patients?

Its name, "The Black Hole," reminds me of CFIDS, as does the fact that you're in freefall for part of the time.

There is an elevator, so we wouldn't have to climb stairs to the top.

8. elliespad

elliespad Member

The Black Hole has an ELEVATOR for us!!! We can ride it. Rosiebud, and Fight and Ken, all win a FREE daypass to the waterpark !! Have fun !
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

My problem (aside from climbing the steps to most of them) is I'm afraid of heights. So, even though the elevator will take us up, I'd be paralyzed to step out.

The only high waterslides I can do are the ones at Disneys' Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, the ones that the trail up is built into the hillside. Then I don't get the sensation of being high off the ground.

Have only been to Disney once in my life (around '95 or '96 and it was GRAND.
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I could even ride my scooter up in the elevator.
  11. rockgor

a claim regarding a water slide.

I think I've handled claims about almost every object and situation known to man. (As the philosophy professor said, the term "man" embraces woman.)

I have handled claims involving superslides, playgrounds, gocarts, Jello, dog shampoo, Rock Hudson, Ford autos, exploading boats, oil wells, sodas, Corning Ware,

vacuum cleaners, Bert Bacharach, exploading water bottles,
    doctors and dentists and lawyers and realtors, cremeatoriums, KFC, false teeth, exploading tires, car wrecks,

moving vans, fires, burlaries, workers' compensation, dogs,
    houseboats, construction sites, cactus and trees, a lepoard, hoses, furniture, Taco Bell, assualt and battery,

exploading hot water heaters, shoplifting, Orawheat,
    hospitals, grocery stores, Chuck E Cheese, schools, exploading cars,

and injuries to all parts of the body as well as intangibles like reputation and things too fierce to mention.

And thru it all....I did it my way. And I kept my cool. And I had fun. Cause that's the kind of guy I am.

In Lieu of Flowers, please send donations to Save the Rainforest. The end. Curtain.
  12. elliespad

elliespad Member

I worked for KFC for 2 years when I was 16 & 17. What was involved in that suit?
  13. rockgor

Our office had hundreds of KFC cases. All of them were workers' comp. Employees who got hurt on the job, usually from lifting something. None were remotely colorful.

A more interesting case was the exploading boat at the Ventura Harbor. Guy borrowed a power boat to take his friends fishing. Everybody got on board and they stopped to buy gas.

Underneath the gas cap was a metal plate, so they knocked that out and put in 30-40 gallons of gas. What they didn't know was that the owner had installed a larger gas tank.

He put the plate over the old inlet site as a "safety device". His friends were simply filling the hold of the boat with gas.

Then there was some trouble w/ the starter. So they fiddled around. Eventually got 4 car batteries hooked up. Next thing...KABOOM!

I talked to a witness. He said it was like a cartoon. A big explosion and four guys went flying in 4 different directions.

Was there any alcohol involved, you ask. Yes, lots of it.

The amazing thing was nobody suffered any serious injuries.
  14. elliespad

elliespad Member

Wow, and these guy lived? We spend summers at the beach in Maryland and my kids have both worked at bars, restarants, worked the docks themselves. So I've spent a fair share of time waiting around parking lots at marinas waiting to pick up my son over the years, before he drove. It seems to me that BOATING AND ALCOHOL go hand in hand. Not always, of course, buy WAY TOO OFTEN. Can't tell you the number of boaters AND CAPTAINS getting off with drinks and get RIGHT IN THEIR CARS. Shocking.
  15. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Elliespad, I'm booking my ticket right now...

Rockgor, sounds like you had a great time at work - we are not part of the 'sue you' culture yet.....these guys were so lucky.