What inspires you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

What helps you to keep going? How do you keep your sense of self in all that is happening? What gives your life meaning? Post your personal 'cheering up' and 'hanging in there' stories.

((()))
  2. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

When i start feeling really dark and down, i make a list of "nice duties". These are things i can do to help brighten someone else's day. It might be as simple as writting a friend a letter or baking cookies for the neighbor. Sometimes i think of people who have been so wonderful (like pharmacist, doctor...)and do something nice like send a thank you or write the headquarters singing praises. I also jsut make a point to go the extra step to help someone...take an elderly persons cart so they don't have to walk al the way to the drop off, help the pregnant lasy unload her stuff, etc. It is amazing how the little things can lighten my load. Sonya
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I always think about how Lucky I am to be on this earth.To have had two wonderful children and 3 beautiful granddaughters.
    The most caring husband who understands this DD.Who always helps me in bad times and supports me 100% when I need to fightthis DD and for my rights with insurance co. or SS .
    Life has not dealt me a great hand but thats OK .Why me who knows.As long as I have a great caring family life will be wonderful even with this DD.
    Sue
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

When I'm really down and need to come out of the down, I make myself get physically active.

When my uncle passed away many years back, I mowed the lawn in a checkered pattern and weeded the flowerbeds. When my Grandmother passed away, I focused on making the family comfortable, especially my Mother and Father. With focusing my energy outside of myself and into something constructive, I find that I can get a lot done that is positive, and the positive makes me feel better.

I find that sometimes <b>being depressed is negative energy turned inward</b>. Focusing on physical activity brings that energy outward for me, and by doing something the energy is released.

Many times I also find that when I'm in a flare I don't get down and out. Probably because the 'ol body is too tired, and the mind too tired to worry about being depressed.

Self-pity is another matter. When I'm depressed over the state that I find myself in these days, I let go of that by sleeping, because usually I'm just tired and need sleep. After the sleep, I can put things into perspective.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

She really inspired me, after reading how so often all she could write was one sentence per day while in bed.

Kind of like the tortoise and the hare kind of thing...

Reading about her got me to finish a painting for a friend, altho it took me 2 years instead of 2 months, but she is a good friend and understood.

There were days I could only work a few minutes... but sometimes the pure joy of painting gave me energy so I could work longer without too bad of a repercussion.

Trying to apply the same philosophy now to moving, lol; we sold our house, preparing to move 1400 miles away to Mazatlant Mexico, but haven't even started--

-- thinking I will start at least with my books...

one shelf at a time, LOL!

all the best,
    Victoria
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

in my congregation. They know how it feels to be ill and tired for a long time. And they are tickled that someone thought to call. They have a gentle sense of humor that can light up the darker days.
  7. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

My mom was very ill in the hospital a few years ago,a dn we thought she was not going to make it. She sometimes gets very depressed and like I said in a earlier post she kind of makes things difficult for me, but I love her and just knowing I make her happy makes it all worth it.
    Also my two daughters