what is a cluster headach?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onesmileymyley, Jan 17, 2003.

1. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

I know this is probably a dumn question but what are they? I will get weird headachs that go from one place to another and last only a few minutes. are these cluster headachs?
  2. Lendi

Lendi New Member

The Dr. called them cluster migraine headaches when I kept getting them over and over, several days in a row. I would just get over one and another would start. I don't know if this is the same thing or not, though. Lendi
  3. pearls

pearls New Member

I once saw a picture of a man writing on the floor with a cluster headache. The article said people with these headaches sometimes band their heads against the wall to get some relief. They are mostly experienced by men and are the worst headaches you can imagine - the worst of all headaches.

-Pearl
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My husband suffers from cluster headaches. He's been getting them since he was a child. At first, the doctor told his mother they were sinus headaches. Later he was told they were stress headaches. But when he was in his 30's he learned what they really were. Now he has medication to take when he feels one coming on. When he used to get them a lot, he would need to lay down in a dark room, and I would put a cold cloth on his head. The pain was mostly over his eyes, on his forehead. If we had plans to go out, forget it. He couldn't do anything! I think one of the differences from a cluster headache and a migraine is he never felt sick to his stomach or was nauseous. Thank God he has the proper medication now. I hope you don't have cluster headaches.

Annette2