What is Bromelain and how does it work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keeponsmiling, Aug 20, 2003.

1. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

What exactly does this supplement do? I've heard it works as an anti-inflammatory, but I've also heard it helps with coagulation disorders. My husband is 42, and has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis, or AVN for short. He's not getting correct blood flow to certain bones, causing chronic pain and eventually the collapse of the bone itself.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheryll
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

Not to cause you work. But we have been discussing this a lot lately. Above is a search messages box. Type in bromelaine or hypercoagulation and you should get lots of info.

Briefly, it is a digestive enzyme that if taken without food breaks down protein in the blood. It also has anti- inflammatory properties.

Good luck in your search.
  3. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

Thank you for pointing me to the Search box thingie. Still learning how to use this board. LOL

Cheryll
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is great news.

Love, Mikie
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Cheryll,

Please be sure your husband drinks lots of water with sea salt.

Cellular dehydration (for all kinds of reasons) will also contribute to his problem.

He needs half his body weight in ounces, and add a pinch of pure unrefined Sea or Rock Salt to every glass.

Every day, I fill a 2 ltr container with water and add 1/4 tsp of this salt to it. That`s me sorted for the day then.

You can`t overdose on this salt, so use it to your hearts content when cooking, - food tastes great now.

Love Pat.