What is candida??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Dec 7, 2005.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I'm not trying to sound stupid.. But I have been trying to figure out what this means.

Thanks,
    SherylD
  2. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

All I know is it has something to do with yeast. I'll do s search for it.
  3. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

Ok. What I gathered from a quickie skim-through of the search is that candida is an overgrowth of yeast in the body and could be in the form of thrush or other yeast infections such as, but not limited to vaginal yeast infections.

Don't know if that helps at all, but maybe others will have some input.

Angie

P.S. Don't feel like any question is stupid. We are all on here learning new things. I'm still trying to get all the abbreviations down!!
  4. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Candida is an overgrowth of bad bacteria in your system. Usually there is good bacteria and bad bacteria which enables your digestive system to work correctly. Over use of sugar and sweets, food allergies, and mostly overuse of antibiotics at some point in your life disrupts this balance of good and bad bacteria. So, if you take probiotics (good bacteria) your digestive balance will return to normal. There are several books out there that address the symptoms and remedies for candida. The symptoms are much like FM as I remember. If you get frequent yeast infections & have a white tongue and have
    ever treated with antibiotics without replacing the good
    bacteria, it would probably help to use a treatment. Some on the board use Treelac. I buy probiotics from my naturpath.
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have a friend that I think uses something like that for her stomach. I think she said that it helps. I will have to ask her about it.

Thanks again,
    SherylD