what is colace used for besides a stool solfner??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 24, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

My doctors put me on this and it feels like it goes threw my veins like salt.I think it helps some of my swollen spots.Its like it is cleaning out those lumps I have in my arms and shoulders.

This is weird Does anyone know if it is used for anything else besides to solften stools?
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I did a quick search and the only thing I see Colace (Docusate)used for is stool softener/laxative.

Thanks,

Karen :)
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Sorry carebelle...I cant answer your question.

But I did want to warn you to make sure you dont buy Peri-Colace. I thought it was just a faster acting version...well it was in a way! It acts more like a laxative. Uh oh!!

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

My Doctor perscribed it I get it from a military clinic.
    Thats good to know. I didnt even realize there was different kinds.
  5. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

It really isn't prescribed for anything but stool softening. BUT, that's great that you get an added benefit!

I'm thinking maybe it's helping by removing some of the toxins that have built up in your body. It's my understanding those stupid little lumps and bumps we get in our fatty tissue are a part of that (along with this disease we have), and maybe the colace is helping to wipe out some of them as it wipes out your toxins??

Just a thought. Hope you're drinking lots of fluids while you're taking it-I'm sure you are, and that in itself may be helping you, too!! Good to know! THANKS!! PG
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

removing toxins it is really strange .I used it several years ago for IBS but it did not have this same affect.

It feels like it goes threw all my veins like a salt feeling .Over several Days it has moved parts of my pain down ward in my body and legs .Very strange reaction.

I have a lot of swelling spots on my body it feels as if it is trying to clean them out.
    This has been totally unexpected. I'm really at a loss for words with this reaction from Colace.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member