What is entailed to get FMLA leave?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Sep 8, 2005.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

My Dr's are going to Okay it- they said to get the forms from HR.....So, I guess they just fax them in and then say you are off???

I am suffering from severe anxiety from a situation at my job, which is aggrivating my FMS- I am pretty close to losing it entirely and having a breakdown. Just don't think I can face my boss with all of the stuff/questions, too.

Who else has done this?
  2. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

go to your hr and ask for fmla form have your Dr. fill it out, take to who ever it needs to go to , in my case took back to hr and I got my fmla , no questions asked.
    Hope this helped some.
    Kathy
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I was hoping that I would not have to take it to my boss and have to try to explain anything. I am hoping that they will just fax it in next week and I don't go back- period.
  4. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

bunnyfluff,

Make sure your doctor is very specific on what you need the time off for. Is this for Fmla full medical leave or an intermittent leave?

I am currently on an intermittent leave with my work, which means I work the days that I can and then the days I can't if they pertain to my FMLA paper work they are excused and counted toward my days of FMLA.

Please tell your doctor if you are continueing to work tell them to specify that soem days you will not be able to complete your job duties so you will have to have some days that you will call in sick. My FMLA paperwork only said that I could work in betweeen medical and phyical therapy and other doctor appointments and lab work. This has made my life a living heck to say the least.

I had to take off yesterday because I was in so much pain and then came in today and my boss was at my desk saying " just so you know yesterday was not an unexcused absence" I am going to have to go back to my doctor and have them do an addtional update.

Just a little advice,

I was on full medical leave for one and a half months and then had to come back to work because my family can not afford me to be off of work. I have regreted coming back.

Good luck to you,

Christina
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I was on it for a full yr..I had to take the paper work in and have it approved by my Boss.They did not ask anything just approved it.Every 90 days I had to do a new form.I was on a full leave.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2005]