What is everyone doing for Easter?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by alaska3355, Apr 1, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We'll have church, then we are having friends over for a big dinner. I'm letting them bring things, so it shouldn't be too hard. Anyone up for cheesecake with strawberry topping? Come on over!
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Terri

MMM,,,Strawberry cheesecake! My favorite! We Make it almost every Easter,,, I'm Going to my Daughter & Son-inlaws House over the Holiday,,,about a 3 hr Drive one way,,,,,,,,,,so it will be a challenge but i'll stop along the way for rest stops!,,,,,
    Anyway ..and My other Daughter will meet us there! It will be fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hopefully we can go to a church service,,,there and then a big dinner! It will be lotsa fun!,,,,,,,,,,,Happy Easter To you and your Family!,,,,,,,,,Sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm working .... UGH!!!
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Going to church and then to friends' house to have dinner with them and some of their children/grandchildren. Should be a nice day.

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I guess you could have Easter dinner a day late.....
    Seriously, I hope all goes well with the colon-ouch-copy (ha, my little name for it!)
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What horrible timing! I know that colonoscopies are good things, but the prep, etc. is so awful. Is this your first one or is it a repeat?

Save some chocolate eggs for when you get home...they will taste heavenly after a day of prep...

Take care, and let me know how it goes, OK?

Thinking about you.

7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

our son is coming up Sat. afternoon to visit, then to take us out to eat at5 our town's GREAT new restaurant.j Sunday,it's a TV dinner!!!!!!

On Easter, we will be in church - that is what Easter is about.

our daughter usually mails us Easter baskets full of all sorts of things - candy, pens, more candy, sugarless candy for hubby, lipstick,etc. Bless her dear heart!

Mystic - I am so sorry you have to have that horrid thing. Getting ready is jusst awful!!

Good luck and let us know aboutr ;it.

Gentle Hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

Strawberry cheesecake??? I am the queen of desserts. I'll be right over. I have to babysit my dad with Alzheimers. The positive is my son and him hated each other and have reconciled and my son said he would come and help me.
  9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Nothing. Last year I planned a big dinner and my two daughters and one SIL, my sister, my mom and my MIL were going to come.

Saturday night I had to have a shot for a migraine. My DH called everyone and cancelled.

We did have dinner the following Sunday but one daughter couldn't come and it just wasn't the same.

Stop and smell the puppies!
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We have a variety of things planned for Easter- happy Easter to everyone and hugs!
  11. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I’m going to an Easter buffet at a local restaurant with my parents. It is a nice place and we are lucky to have it in our small town. The desert table has always included cheesecake and strawberry topping, as well as cherry.
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i don't have any other family here, but his father and he just told me he doesn't celebrate easter finally after knowing him for 24 years...wow i don't know why we bought those easter baskets and the peeps all these years..

heck he came over last year for dinner...guess he must have a new gf or something..