What is FibromyalgiC ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by little, Jan 31, 2003.

1. little

little Member

I went to a pain meeting last night and the doctor mentioned it. He also talked about a drug called GHB that people are using for FM. He seems to believe that FM might be caused by the Central Nervous System. Does anyone have any information on any of this. Gail

The doctor also said that Fibromyalgia appears in the Bible.[This Message was Edited on 01/31/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/02/2003]
  2. little

little Member

3. BethM

BethM New Member

is the condition of having, or referring to, fibromyalgiA.
    Beth.
  4. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

That's the first I've heard about this. Do you have more info?
  5. little

little Member

Thank you for all the replys. I couldn't find the Drs. name it took me awhile to get it. Sorry for the delay.
    It is Dr. Hansen from Conover, North Carolina. He deals in pain treatment. He said that he has seven offices in NC. He said that an illness is mentioned in the Bible that appears to be FM. He didn't say what it was called then. He used the word Fibromyalgic. I couldn't hear what he said about it. He said that there is Fibromyalgia and then there is Fibromyalgic. All that I have been able to find is that , someone who has fibromyalgia is called a fibromyalgic. Gail
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

it seems to me that I did just read somewhere that there are several "types" of Fibromyalgia. What the article was referring to were the ones that were from genetics, if it runs in your family, some caused by a physical trauma and some caused by emotional stress. If I can find the article again I will post about it.

Dara