WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME. I'M CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Mar 28, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

When I was first DX with fibro in Nov 2002 I was only getting 4-6 hours of sleep but was not tired at night. Now everything has changed in the last 4 or 5 weeks. I have my alarm on for 9am. I get up but all my brain wants to do is go back to sleep. So I go back to sleep and get up about 10 or 11am. Than I'm good till about 7pm when all of sudden I can hardly keep my eyes awake. If I'm able to keep them opened its seems that about 11pm I can stay awake again than sometime I take a short nap at 7pm and I'm still tired and go back to bed at 12am. For the past 4 days except for today I took my Provigil and it kept me awake all day and than at 7pm I'm worn out again. Last night I went to bed at 11am and woke up at 5am. I got up and did a few things and by 7am I wanted to sleep again so I went to sleep and woke up again at 10:30am. I felt tired all day today and tonight I could hardly keep my eyes away again and now at 11pm my eyes are awake but I want to go to bed. I went so long with only 4-6 hours of sleep and was able to stay awake at night and now I feel yuky and tired allot. I'm so confused.I don't know what is going on. I even waited till 5pm today to take my last anti-depressant to see if that would help me stay awake, but it didn't. I'm not use to this shift in sleeping patterns and don't know what to make of it. I have to be able to stay awake some.And I hate the weekends because it seems that I have more fatique than but that might be due to the fact that since I quit work I don't like the weekends anymore. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT MIGHT BE GOING ON?????. DO I NEED SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES PROVIGIL. HELP PLEASE. Janice
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Is it possible you are suffering from fatigue? I don't get it often, but when I do I react something like you are describing with the helter skelter way of sleeping and waking, and awful tired feeling!

If that is what is causing it, and you have Fibro it usually only lasts a few days, then you go back to your normal routine.

Hopefully someone else may have some other suggestions.

Shalom,Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This stuff just made me more tired, edgy, and fogged up.

Probably a reaction with my Klonopin.

Love, Mikie
  4. bejo

bejo New Member

I went through a long flare of fatigue several years ago.It was just like that,you simply could not stay awake.It lasted several months,but since then, when I've had these flares they only last a few days or a week.I sure hope your's doesn't last too long. bejo
  5. harmony58

harmony58 New Member

Hi Janice,

I also go through periods such as you describe. For me, it is often a signal that my thyroid is off again. Hypothyroidism is often linked to fibromyalgia and your lab numbers don't have to be very high to be affected. Your TSH should be between .3 and 3.3. Have your doctor check it. If it is higher you may want to try some thyroid meds. Mary Shomon's About.com thyroid site has lots of incredibly useful information.

I'm supposed to take Provigil twice a day, but have cut out the noon dose because it keeps me wired even when I'm ready to fall over dead with exhaustion. But, it works differently for everyone. That kind of schedule might work for you. I take it with Wellbutrin supposedly to make my brain function. Which is catch as catch can. But, I must say I am more "awake". Check with the doctor, but do your homework first cuz docs aren't always on the cutting edge of these DDs.

Kathie