WHAT IS GUAI??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CATLADY912, Feb 10, 2003.

1. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

WHAT IS GUAI?? IS THAT MED IN THE SAME CLASS AS NEUROTIN"" I NEVER HEARD OF THIS MED BFORE. RIGHT NOW I THINK I NEED SOME NERVE MEDICATION AND A SANITORIAN. MY SON AND HIS TWO CHILDREN (AGES 4MOS AND 3 AND 1/2 YRS. OLD HAVE BEEN STAYING WITH ME. THE MOTHER IS IN A REHAB FOR PAIN KILLLERS AGAIN AND GUESS WHO HAS THEM AGAIN. IT IS KILLING ME PHYSICALLY ESPECIALLY THE 4MO.OL BECAUSE OF THE LIFTING UP AND DOWN. MY DAU-IN-LAW'S MOTHER FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND TOOK THE BABY FOR THE WEEKEND BUT SHE WILL BE BACK TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND BOTH OF THESE CHILDREN ARE SICK. MY SON GOES TO SCHOOL IN THE MORNING, WORKS 3 TIMES A WEEK AT A GRAVE YARD SHIFT AND SPENDS THE REST OF THE TIME WITH THE KIDS, WHICH SEEMS HERE LATELY HASN'T BEEN MUCH TIME, SINCE HE HAS HAD TO DO ALLOT OF PAPER WORK FOR MEDICAID. VR IS HELPING WITH SCHOOL SINCE HE HAS PSORASIS SO BAD THAT HE HAD TO GIVE UP HIS PASSION WORK OF AUTO BODY WORK BECAUSE IT TORE HIS PSORASIS UP AND MADE IT WORSE AND MADE IT BLEED. WITH MY MOTHER FALLING IN SEPTEMBER AND NOW THIS FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS I FEEL LIKE I NEED A VACATION. SORRY, JUST VENTING SOME. JANICE
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Guaifenesin is the active ingredient in many cough syrups to thin mucus. It is used for people with bronchial problems.

It is not used for that purpose in our case. The Guai allows our built-up phosphate debris to be excreted through the kidneys. Dr. St. Amand, who discovered this effect, believes that this debris is a big part of the problem with FMS. He believes that if one follows the protocol in his book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," the symptoms of FMS can be reversed.

This is a very simplistic overview of the drug and treatment. One has to read the book and truly understand everything before starting the teatment.

I have been on the treatment for more than 1 1/2 years and have been able to reverse my FMS symptoms about 75 percent. Do a web search and find the Guai website or search on the doc's name. The Guai can be bought here at this sight or you can get an Rx for it from your doc. If you do a search here, it will bring up all the posts on this subject.

Love, Mikie