What is happening to me Fibro or Chronic Meyofacial pain syndrome?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Mar 3, 2012.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Tonight I have been in the worst pain in a long time. My right hip and leg hurt to even the gentlest touch. I don't understand what is causeing this terriable pain. My right hip hurts often and this pain hits in my butt cheeks too it then goes down my r ight leg and cause's my ball of my foot to go numb.

I was massageing this sore spot on my hip and I could feel some very tender small knots , I was not useing hardly any pressure but the pain was so intense and painful that I had tears running down my face. I have pain that is in my muscles and fashia, then there is teh deepest pain that is insdie my bones but this pain that even the tenderst touch sends unbearable pain in my hip I don't know what is causeing it. I get the same pain in my left wrist that I shattered 7 yrs ago and when I put lotion on and rub it in I get sharp tingeing pain in my arm.
    I don't know how to reduce this pain , I Only know I can't stand how badly it hurts right now. I really just want to sceam loudly. Not that it would help any one.

I am so tired and in need of sleep , I hurt more than I have done in a really long time. I have an appointmetn to see my rehumy in a couple of weeks , I Know that he wants me to go on Lyricia but that is not going to happen. I am one of the people who reacts to meds and I don't need or can afford to gain any more weight. I am over weight now as it is. Also the Lyricia is a tier 7 on my insurance which makes it cost over $120.00 , more than I pay for the five scripts I get now. I get a small amount of SSDI and don't qualify for any assistance to help pay for my meds as my hubby makes too much money for me to get assistance. Dumb isn't it. I am the one who pays for my scripts, dental , vision bills but because my hubby has a good jjob that pays well, I don't aualify for any help. Even though I make 1/4 of what he does.

He has medical bills to pay for himself and his meds cost far more than mine do. This job just started adn it takes 90 days to get any insurance of any kind. Soi for now he is paying the full price out of pocket. So money it still tight and I know that if he could he would help me with my bills. I know that he can't.

I don't know what to do or how to change things eiither for the pain or my bills I can't afford. I am so sick of both right now and just want to cry. I thought that I could deal wiht any kind of pain but I was wrong and I hurt so much now that I can't deal with it at all..
    I am going to go try and take a hot tub to see if it will ease this pain so I can go to bed and sleep.

Thanks for lettting me vent, gripe and complain aboutwhat is happpening to me and my world, I know that I am not alone, and others too have to deal with the same issues as I do. For all of you who are in pain tonight my prayers are with you, I Hope you feel better soon and have a rest from your pains.
  2. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

I have RA and when I am in a flare the pain is also unbearable. I am also a two time cancer survivor so I am very fearful of the drugs they want to give me. I have been going to a holistic MD and only his office visits are covered by insurance. It is so expensive that everyone can't do it. It doens't fair. I was doing well until Dec and have been in a serious flare since. Now taking prednisone but having bad reactions to this drug so I am going to try something new. They are called peptide shots. Maybe you have read about them on here. It sounds like a few people have tried them with success. My first shot is tommarrow so I am excited to give it a try.

Deep breathing can help me with the pain and listening to relaxing music, acupunture, ebson salt bath, hot shower, ice pack for 15 min. then warm pack for 15min and ending with the hot pack again for 15 min helps me, doing anything to help take my mind off the pain like reading or watching TV, getting on the internet, whatever your interest is. Praying for Gods grace to help me through it and trusting that He will provide a way. It may not be the way we want but believing in His will for our lives. Sounds easy but it is hard when you are hurting. I hope something I have said will help you. I will keep you in my prayers.
  3. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

Hi Rosemarie:
    My suggestion to you would be to go to the library and take out some good books on Fibro, etc. The best thing about the books are learning about some good, inexpensive remedies. Some of the remedies I use include:

Epsom Salt baths
    Moist Heating pads
    Cold Packs
    Calcium Magnesium supplements
    Gentle Yoga for Arthritis by Peggy Cappy
    Homeopathic Remedies

All of these work for me. I also take a mild sedative/antideppressant for sleep called Trazodone. It helps me sleep which I desperately need so I can work!

Hope this helps you a little :)
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Thank you so much for responding to my post. I am hurting so badly tonight that I am ready to cry. I already take 500 mgs of magnesium and calcium too. I take 5000 uints of Vit D. daily.

I can't find my rice bags to microwave , I don't do well with cold treatments as I am cold all the time anyway. From the time I was small and had to have a ice pack on my head for some stiches I found that ice only makes my pain worse and sends it even deeper into my body. But I will try the heat and a hot bath with epsom salts. I really want to try a new thing from a new natural bath products store { as soon as it opens closers to me} They have some great sounding massage stuff that heat your body naturally and are said to ease the pain by adding heat. So I just have to save some money and wait till the end of the month to buy it .

I am so so exhusted and all I want to do is to go to bed and sleep but I can't sleep in the bed , I miss my water bed so the bed even though it is a soft mattress feels like a rock to me. I have a temerpedic mattress pad on the bed and it does help a bit not enough though. So more often than not I end up falling alseep in the recliner and have a stiff neck. I am feeling like I can't win for losing tonight.

I do thank you for all your thoughts and being in your prayers, I too pray for help to deal with the pain and the other issues that have come with having fibro , cmps, DDD, buldging disc's, oesteoarthritis in my left wrist , back and ankle. some times I feel like I have been broken and didn't get the peieces put back together right.

Again I thank you.
    HUGs Rosemarie
  5. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

Rosemarie: I take 1,200 mg Calcium and 1,000 mg Magnesium daily. I slowly worked up to this amount (very important). It has really made a difference in my life in terms of aches and pains. I also have osteoarthritis, fibro, and CFS.

Also, I find more relief with "moist" heat. In fact I apply it every morning as I am stiff in the mornings; particularly my neck & shoulders. If you don't have a moist heating pad, just get a washcloth wet with warm water and place the heating pad or hot water bottle over it.

Follow the directions on the Epsom Salts. I love them, cuz they're cheap and you can get them at any pharmacy. Dr. Teal's is wonderful as they add Lavender and Eucalyptus oils to them. Walmart and Ulta sells them for $4.99.

Most of all, don't give up girl! We are all in this together and there's power in numbers!

All the best!