What is happening to our Message Board?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Lendy5, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Everyone,

We all come here because we share illnesses in common and when we each found this site we knew this is the one place that we could give and receive unconditional support and compassion. We are all different and have different beliefs and we are going to disagree sometimes. This is what makes us unique.

I had taken a break away from the boards for a while and I have come back to alot of changes with a new board and many new members I have yet to meet but hope too. I am still struggling daily but this is the one place I have always known I could come and post and get someone who understands what I'm going through.

I don't want to see any of us getting our feelings hurt or see someone leave so can we agree to disagree?

I hope I haven't said anything to upset anyone on this board because that is not my intention and since I have been back I have been doing more reading than responding because I don't get to sign in as often as I would like to.

Hugs,
    Lendy
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Hmm, I am new here, and in fact, came to your post first. Now as, I haven't, as of yet, read any other posts, I'm a little worried if there are some disagreements...done in an unloving way. That isn't the way our Lord and Savior would want it. Like you said, it is nice to have a place to go, vent, share, especially in the love of our Lord. There are very many different churches, ways, beliefs. How would our Heavenly Father want us to react to them? I believe that He would want us to love..everyone. It's been said before, many a time, if only the "world" could love, completley love, with a pure love, then of course there wouldn't be any hate. God knew how the world would be, so, my belief is that He sent His son to help us. What an example He was! What a loving friend He is to us today. Let's use this great example of love and caring, here on this site. I know I could use some good old fashioned neighborly love. I love people. I'm not sure how I was so blessed to be able to do this. I find myself taking a step back if I am a bit upset with someone being, say, rude in a store, I hear a cuss word, I see something happening that I don't care to see from a person,..that step back in my mind gives me a moment to remember, that God loves everyone, including the person that is offending me. I can't compare myself with him or her. I just know, that God loves that person too. I'm not perfect, by no means!! Only Jesus Christ is our perfect example. I love Him so. Now I'm hoping that I didn't sound like I was preaching. I just got going here didn't I? :p I will check out this site. I'm sure there are some wonderful things posted here. I am looking forward to what others have to say about each others problems, to see that prayers are going out for those asking. I have Fibromyalgia, MS..Bursitis.., I feel blessed that I haven't been diagnosed with anything else, because I know there is plenty out there!
    God Bless you all....Doznclan3
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all have. There is so much to learn here at Prohealth and it has helped me in so many ways. Well to be honest it's been a lifeline to me when others have not understood me. I have never found another site better than this one.

Reading your reply was a good thing for me because I have always been a very sensitive person and much quick to defend myself probably more than I should. I was one of 6 kids and we were raised by my grandparents and my grandfather was a preacher for all of my upbringing until he passed. Much of the world is just as he said it would be and he passed in 1984. He said there would be so many wars and family would turn on family and he said so much that I have witnessed myself. He never found anyone he didn't love but with me I have started to become thick skinned I guess you could say because I have been hurt alot and I am tired of hurting. I don't want to be this way because I believe my passion is to help others and I enjoy working with the elderly. Well before I keep going it was nice reading your reply and I hope to talk again with you.

God Bless You, Lendy
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I looked over some posts, and I was pleased with what I came across. This will be a great place to come and share, I can tell. (Lendy, I came from a family of 5 children.)
    I'm still a bit stiff and it's already about 10:00 in the morning. That tells me I need to move some more! But first I thought I would come on and share a scripture that I have sitting in front of me here on my desk. I have one of those flip the page little books for each day of the year, with beautiful pictures of Christ. Todays scripture--Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalm 103: 1 I may still hurt a bit this morning, but I am very, very, grateful for this warm home that I have--to be sheltered within these walls of warmth, from the elements of the cold outside. I give credit for having what I have to the Lord, I thank him, I praise him for who he is, I could never thank him enough for what I do have inside of my living body that still goes on, which I know without a doubt, that it is because of his will. Love you all, Doznclan
  5. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

for your wonderful attitude. I love your scripture of today and your attitude about your warm house.

It is so true that if we have a warm house and running water and a place to cook something that we are some of the world's most blessed people. Imagine having fibro or some other medical challenge and living where you couldn't get clean water , or enough heat to ever be warm . There are fellow believers in the world who cope with this each day .

We are so Blessed !

In His Grace,

Holly