What is new in the way of Antidepressants???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I went off Effexor XR about 2 months ago because it caused a rapid heartbeat

I am now very very depressed and in pain, and I think I need to be on another AD

What is the latest and greatest AD now with minimal side effects and weight gain???
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Empower: Cymbalta is one of the newest. I think its mode of action is similar to Effexor. I've heard a variety of results from people taking it, some think it's amazing.

It's actually targeted at pain more than others, therefore is also being reccommended for fibromyalgia. Do a search here on the board, I think alot of people here have tried or are on it.

Jam: With my adrenal problems, they are saying my thyroid is "normal", but im not sure if the're running anything more than TSH, which we all know doesn't usually show alot. When you got onto Armour, was it just a trial to see if it helped you? Or were you diagnosed hypo? I find it interesting that armour helped your depression, as the hydrocortisone i take has me on a rollercoasted of emotions at the moment.