What Is On Your To Do List? 10/22/07 thru 10/28/07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Oct 21, 2007.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning, Nancy! I know you'll be the first to possibly find this with the time difference! LOL

My memory has become worse... hmmmm, didn't know that could be! LOL Don't be surprised if you see the weekly post, earlier than Monday!

Monday, I am going to my two nephew's school for 'Grandparent's Day'. My mom can't go and their other grandparent's are ususally no shows. I'm 14 years older than my brother. They'll probably assume I am their grandma! LOL I'm looking forward to time spent with them.

Again, have been in another major flare for this past week. I've slept frequently, and haven't gotten up much. I'm thinking tomorrow will be better!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

I'll see you soon!

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks Kim! That was fun to find this thread already bright and early on Monday morning. Hope you feel better soon!!

Not sure what my plans are for the day but I have a list of things I need to get done this week.

I need to organize our winter clothes and put away and store our summer things that we never really had a chance to wear this year.

I need to give my dog a haircut and bath, yuck...such a messy project.

I need a haircut already, much different from having long hair. I didn't realize how quickly it would need to be cut again.

I spent the day sewing and relaxing yesterday.

Also called my Dad and he had a wonderful time at his surprise 75th birthday party.

Can't wait to see what the day brings...

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

We had such a nice weekend and the weather was so sunny and warm. We had a nice Sweetest Day on Saturday. He forgot to get me a card, but that's okay. I forgot our anniversary one year. He took me out for breakfast and we visited my in-laws. In the evening, we had a big fire in the back yard and sat and talked for the longest time.

On Sunday we went to Morenci and visited my brother and he hadn't seen him in awhile. We took Jim for a drive to see the fall colors and stopped for some ice cream. After dropping Jim off, we stopped at a nice restaurant and had dinner on the way home. It's always nice for the cook to have a day off.

The kitties and I got out in the yard. Most of my vegetable garden is gone, except my broccoli plants and a cherry tomato plant that's still producing.

Sue: Yes, men can be silly when they are sick. But at least he isn't having the colonoscopy. And, yes, you are right. I do need to limit my time with Jim. I sometimes have trouble saying "no" to him when he asks to spend time with me. He's been doing so well, and I do enjoy spending time with him, and he's always so appreciative, but I do have to take care of myself. I know I tend to try to make up for the fact that my other siblings neglect him so. My sister hasn't seen him since Easter, although my other brother does better.

Terri: My husband has high blood pressure, too. And, no, he isn't one to exercise. I've given up trying to get him to exercise with me. I don't want to be a nagging wife.
    I laughed at your story about the can of beans and the gas story. Your son must have been so embarrassed!

Kim: So sorry you are going through another major flare-up. I hope you can make it to your nephews' grandparents' program at their school today. And I bet you won't look like their grandma!

Okay, on to the to-do list:

-do a load of laundry
    -take Chelsea and Albert to the vet for vaccination shots
    -watch some scary movies on TV (the AMC channel on our
    cable TV has nonstop scary movies from now through

That's it for me. See all of you tomorrow!

4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Another week already...where is the time going???

Had a nice weekend. Son brought GF to visit...she is about 2 months pregnant...we had a nice talk. Not sure how I feel about this yet, but I just always thought it would be someone I knew that he would have children with. OH well...granni is gonna be ok.

Kim...I filled in last year for my mom at g-parents day. It was nice, all of her friends where there. Their kids are my age, really fun. Kinda embarassed my niece though. A teacher that she really doesn't like is a good friend and he came running over to visit with me, he didn't know she was mine. she wasn't happy...
    hope you start feeling better.

Nancy...I got all of my winter clothes out last week, but I had to leave some of the summer ones out too. This weather is so crazy here.
    glad your Dad enjoyed his party.

ellen...sounds like you and hubby had a special weekend. I haven't seem nmuch of mine...working long hours. Should go back to regular time today, I miss him when he is gone.
    My garden is gone now...I wanted to sow some greens, but I never got it done.
    I've been watching AMC scary movie week...

hope everyone has a nice painfree week.
    to do list
    stripping wallpaper off the kitchen walls..,.gonna paint later on in the week.
    then I'll rest from stripping wallpaper and painting.

hugs to all

OK so much for the wallpapering...got started yesterday and only got 1/3 of it stripped off. I can't do anything anymore. gonna go the Lowes and get some white paneling and forget it. Used to I could do one room a day, that included painting the ceilings. just gotta get usd to the fact that am unable to do the things I used to love to do.

enough of my pity party
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2007]
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm having a rough day, so far. I can't seem to get past the fibro pain, headache, nausea and depression. Stuck; I feel stuck in the mud today.

My main to-do today is to go to my Weight-Watchers meeting. I'll take some Excedrin and lay down first, to try to get a grip on this headache. Hopefully, I'll feel well enough to go to the meeting as it usually does me some good to get out and among people.

The only other thing I need to do is make an appointment for massage therapy. I haven't been for a massage in a while because my $500 per year insurance allotment ran out over the summer but, now, my workplace has changed insurance carriers which means I have another $500 worth of massage therapy to use from now to December. Good news, that.

Have a good day everyone.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Today I went to the chiropracter and then took the dogs for a walk. Took my daily nap and woke up with a sore throat and headache. Plan on it being a slow week. Animal shelter on wednesday and shawl ministry on thursday. Not much else. Watch Dancing With the Stars and Heroes. Put most of my summer clothes away awhile ago. Kept a few things out which is a good thing since we are way above average temp wise for October. Took the grandaughter to the cider mill yesterday. It was crowded but nice. Love that cider. Hope you all have a good week. Godbless
  7. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Today I went to the chiropracter and then took the dogs for a walk. Took my daily nap and woke up with a sore throat and headache. Plan on it being a slow week. Animal shelter on wednesday and shawl ministry on thursday. Not much else. Watch Dancing With the Stars and Heroes. Put most of my summer clothes away awhile ago. Kept a few things out which is a good thing since we are way above average temp wise for October. Took the grandaughter to the cider mill yesterday. It was crowded but nice. Love that cider. Hope you all have a good week. Godbless
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm hoping I get at least 'something' done today. Yesterday I mostly rested and had my weekly phone call to my friend in the states.

Anne Theresa, I hope you feel better soon. Any chance a vaporizer will help with your headaches? I get them when the weather gets dry and my house as well. I've already put out vases filled with water which helped somewhat since I can't use a vaporizer here.

Ellen, is your brother still on the Seroquel? It really worked wonders for my daughter, shame it caused so many medical problems though. It sounds as if he'd doing pretty well on it.

I think my goal for today should be to get out of the house....I know I can go to the mall for a walk-in haircut or our local PX too. Just getting out and doing something sounds wonderful.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

I never thought I would get on here today. Did anyone else have trouble getting on this website? I kept getting a message saying they were having problems and to call the administrator. Oh, well. At least it's working now.

Linda: I should have known you would be watching the scary movies on AMC, too! I got involved watching one yesterday afternoon, then I had to take the cats to the vets-darn!

Lacey: I re-did our kitchen last summer-stripping wallpapering and putting new up. What a job and my body let me know it. Not sure if I will do something like that again. Except that it is much cheaper than paying someone.

Nancy: Yes, Jim is still on Seroquel. The doctor doubled his dosage of the Topamax to 200 mg. to help stop the weight gain. At his dr. appt. in November hopefully this will have happened. They always weigh him. At the last appt. the Topamax had slowed it, but that was before she doubled the dosage. By the way, I think your daughter's husband is a real sweetie getting her that bird. I think they are wise not to have children.

To-do list:

-Jim and I are getting haircuts
    -empty wastebaskets
    -ordering prescription refills (done)
    -vacuum upstairs carpet
    -tuna salad for dinner
    -catch up on ironing

Well, it's almost time to go-back tomorrow!

10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Ellen, I too had trouble getting to the site yesterday. Took hours to get back on.

And I did get out to the mall yesterday and got my haircut, bought 3 prs of pants too. The only problem was I'd have loved to have shopped a bit more but with my hypoglycemic problems and eating every two hours, I always have to make sure I can drive home too so I cut my shopping short.

Linda, my daughter loves her new bird Pete and it does give her lots to do during the day. The new anti anxiety med also allows her to sleep during the day and yesterday was the first time she slept with no bad thoughts so that's huge for her.

My son is wonderful. He's now living in Omaha and has passed his SERE's course. He just spent the weekend with my Dad, flying in for the birthday party. He's a great guy and my family compliments me often on how wonderful he is.

I got a great start on organizing hubby's winter clothes yesterday and today I hope to do some more today.

I really need to water my plants today too.

I might end up on base today, have to see how the day goes.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  11. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

No problems getting on this site this morning I'm happy to say. Yesterday and Monday I was busy at work, but today I don't have much to do so I'm afraid the morning is going to drag. Mid-semester my work usually slows down, unfortunately.

Linda: I can't remember the name of the movie. Actually I saw the whole thing, except the last half hour. The AMC channel might show it again between now and Halloween. But maybe I can find it in the video store.

Sue: How are you and your husband doing?

Anne Theresa: I hope you are getting the rest you need and your flare-up is easing.

Nancy: I'm glad your daughter is doing better for the moment and the bird is helping her. I've read so many articles about animals being such good therapy. That's such good news about your son. But what is a SERE's course?

We had a pretty fast lunch yesterday so I promised Jim we'd do again lunch today, but it will be at the pizza place right next door to the Hope Center where Jim goes three days a week. I'm afraid I can't spend too much time with him today as I have things to do at home. I didn't get through all of yesterday's to-do list as I was too tired when I finally got home. I should have known I would be.

To-do list:

-pizza with Jim
    -pick up prescriptions and other things at the drug store
    -write out grocery list for tomorrow's shopping
    -macaroni and cheese for dinner

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all, I still feel way-down & sick and so this will be a brief note today. The main thing I want to do today is go for a little walk. I need to make daily walks a part of my scene again because I know I'm not going to feel better unless I make the effort.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

13. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I hope I didn't push myself too much, but I did get a lot of cleaning done at home yesterday afternoon. I wish I could have stayed home today and done more, especially since this looks like it will be another slow, quiet day. It's always like this mid-semester.

I think I will go through some of the old files and do some shredding. It's a little early to do it, but it will give me something to do.

Linda: Your right, it's better for my FMS that my job is slow even though it's boring (although it's not always like this, but for the most part it's a low-key job. Even when I'm busy, it's usually that I am busy on one project, not ten things at once (better for my brain fog), unless it's the first week of classes). I guess that's why I've been able to continue working and feel fortunate to have found a job that fits with my physical and mental limitations. And working half days works pretty well most of the time. Late yesterday afternoon I did manage to watch a scary movie-Pet Semetary II-it's one I had never seen before. Then I watched part of Halloween. Of course I've seen this lots of times.

Anne Theresa: Sorry you are going through such a bad time. I know how hard it is to exercise when you are feeling so poorly. It's such an effort and the last thing you want to do.

To-do list:

-grocery shopping (I have a short list this week-yay!)
    -pool therapy class
    -maybe watch more scary movies

14. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I think this is my first post this week on the to-do list.......busy week!

One of the twins has been sick- he had a slight fever and a sore throat. They are supposed to have their fall band concert tonight, but I'll wait and see how the one is doing. I'm hoping the other twin doesn't catch it, but I won't be surprised if he does. They share everything!

I have some recitals coming up that I am playing for, so I've been busy with lots of rehearsals. I've been very good about not baking, since hubby needs to get some weight off and his blood pressure down. I just need to get some weight off! I'm keeping more fruit snacks around and raw veggies. Any other hints, Anne-Theresa?

I'd better get going......
    Hugs to all,
  15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Had a busy day today already since I'm posting late.

My daughter came and we went shopping at a small mall near my home. We walked around outside and did some shopping for her new bird at a pet store too. We really had a great time!

Had a wonderful Chinese lunch...it was sooo good.

Then we came home and she cleaned my house up for me.

She and her hubby just left. They had to take his boss to the hospital last night and thought he had a heart attack while doing his PT (Pysical) test. Now he's in kidney failure so I hope everything goes ok for him. The boss's poor wife just got back from burying her Dad a few weeks ago, what a shame.

Anyway, someone had asked what SERE's school is. It stands for Survive, Evade, Resist and Escape. I'm glad my son passed it and got it over with before the winter set in.

Anne Theresa, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I know exercise is important, but I rarely find that I have the energy for it. Be safe and don't over do. It's so important to listen to our bodies.

Linda, yes my hubby should be home Saturday morning. I need to write him a quick note since it's odd that I haven't heard from him today.

Terri, you asked about weight loss tips? Although I had to start eating every 2 hours for my blood sugar issues, I lost 20 pounds doing it.

Breakfast is often an apple (around 7:00) or wheat toast with peanut butter, oatmeal with Apple butter.

Around 9:00 I'll eat either a salad (small) or some chicken salad.

I eat lunch at 11:00. Most often it's leftovers from dinner the night before.

I eat again at 1:00 often another piece of fruit. Again at 3:00. (It's really hard to eat so often so the meals get really small)

Dinner is at 5:00 and whatever I cook for the evening. Tonight I'm having leftover spaghetti carbonara, yum.

I have to have a snack again at 7:00. Usually multi grain tortilla chips then some craisins or other dried fruit. Sometimes I cheat and have chocolate or ice cream since I'm already in bed for the night and my body tolerates the spike in blood sugar better this way.

Just a suggestion, but I know my body's energy depends on keeping my blood sugar level. And the weight loss is an added bonus.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  16. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Last night's band concert went well.....the twins did a good job. They are also in jazz band, and one of them did his first improv solo. We were pleasantly surprised....I guess they are picking up some good information at all those rehearsals! The other one is better now- he bounced right back.

Nancy, thanks for the weight loss tips. Actually, it sounds kind of like the DASH diet, which I'm trying to implement.....up to eight servings of fruit a day, lots of veggies, and little meat. Oh, grains are good too. It's a tough sell for hubby though! He wants meat.

Linda, I hope you have a nice weekend on your fall trip....kick that arthritis in the butt!

17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I've already been to base today and picked up a car load of mail and some groceries.

I'm baking some potatoes to make a meal tomorrow when hubby comes home.

I should probably bathe and shave my legs, but we'll have to see, lol!!

Linda, yes...apple butter in oatmeal tastes wonderful and I do have to have some carbs with my meals. No sugars for me anymore, just the all natural kind.

Terri, I've never heard of a dash diet...(hate that word btw) but I do eat meat and lots of it. But this week with hubby gone I haven't been.

When he's home I often cook roasts, steaks etc.... and with the weather so cold here I'm looking forward to the meals for next week. I cook, he cleans up and always has so it works out for us.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  18. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Well, I've got a busy weekend planned. Tonight a girlfriend and I are going to see a play here at the college-"Jane Eyre". It's supposed to be pretty good. I should take advantage more often of the activities on campus-they are either free or don't cost very much. Tomorrow my husband and I (and maybe a friend from work) are going to see a scary movie at the theatre in the afternoon. I can't remember the title-I think it's called "30 Nights".

On Sunday, this same friend and I are going to the fairgrounds to go through a haunted house. I haven't gone to one in years. It's great to finally find someone who likes to do haunted houses.

To-do list:

-cash husband's check
    -finish washing sheets and put fresh sheets on beds
    -put clean dishes away
    -rest up for my outing tonight. My friend going with me
    tonight also has FMS so I imagine she will also be
    resting up.
    -no cooking tonight. TV dinners.

To-do for weekend:

-take recycling in
    -not sure what else

I just got an e-mail from my cousin in southern California. She said her house was very close to the fires-there were houses several streets over that were burned. It was a miracle that their house was spared. Her husband had just gotten out of the hospital the day the fires started-he had had a collapsed lung. I am so thankful they are okay.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

19. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I missed my manicure appointment this afternoon because, by the time I took a shower & got dressed, I was too exhausted to leave the house.

To look on the bright side - at least by attempting to go out today - I managed to get washed & dressed which is further than I got yesterday.

It looks like another day of rest for me, there's not much else I can do. I wish I could accept the need to rest & recoup without feeling so down on myself. I'm better than I used to be but have a long way to go, in that regard.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  20. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

After a bad week - thanks all for being so supportive of me - I spent most of today resting and watching old movies. This, to conserve my energy so I can make an appearance at a Halloween party tonight.

Sweetie & I are attending as witch & warlock. We won't stay very long at the party, still I'm looking forward to the event as it's been ages since I've been to a party and Halloween is one of my fave holidays.

Enjoy the weekend, all!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa