What Is On Your To Do List? 10/30 - 11/06

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 29, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is beautiful here! The sky is very blue, and the temps., should be in the high fifties!

I am planning on making a grocery list, and hopefully, go shopping! I will have to admit, I do have a hard time with motivation on Mondays!

Everyone take care. I hope you all had a nice, weekend.

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2006]
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Where did the weekend go?

Kim - we are having a beautiful day here in Michigan, but they are talking mid-60's for us! I hope to get out and enjoy it a little this afternoon. How did the doggie adoption go? I love to see animals get good homes. We have two from the Humane Society and the third was a stray we took in four years ago. He's our best behaved cat.

Okay, Ellen's to-do list for today: My brother who has OCD is not doing as well. A week ago he was doing really well on the new med. So I need to leave work early and go to his psychiatrist appt. Will spend a little time with him afterward, then head for home.

Not sure how much energy I will have after the above, but I would love to get myself and the kitties out in the yard. We burned quite a few leaves last night, but there are more to do. Would like to beat tomorrow's rain.

Ellen
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I want to do a little pick up and tidy, then go shopping to buy a new heating pad and some trick-or-treat candy.

This evening (when my sweetie's home to help) I have to trim the bunny's nails and give her a brushing. I was going to do this last night but procrastinated.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

10/30

I hope all are well.

As for me, I am taking today low key.

I have appointments for the gastroenterologist. One for the initial visit and then for the sigmoid. (You know, when they go down the throat to upper gastro area)

They took out a few polyps about five years ago, so now i will see what (if anything is going on).

Today: taxi to supermarket
    trip back by cab to home
    For the rest of the day:

rest, walk aroung the block, will call my sister in Floriday later, and then just tv and bed.

Sure, a very exciting today. Oh, yeah.

nyrofan
  5. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

For Monday: I have six very important phone calls to make! Some that I am dreading!

1)Call ds pediatrician to ask for celiac test and fight for the flu shot that does not contain thimerosol (usually for the under 2 yr olds). My ped will do it, but the nurses were awful about it last year:( My ds has neurological problems and possibly on the autism spectrum. No mercury here, thank you! His assessment(for autism) is scheduled for December).

2)Call the pre-K speech therapist who did not return my call last week and leave another message! Grrrr!

3)Call mom at ds school that is in charge of a program called KIT(kids included together)at our parks and rec and tell her that when I asked for a KIT(one on one aide)for ds class they do not have any. She wanted to know how it went after I called. Also, ask about the Autism conference that is coming the end of this week and if she got our tickets.

4)Cancel ds park and rec class because the room is so distracting that it will not work for us.

5)Call friend that has offered to drive me back home after the autism conference to make solid plans.

6)Remind the babysitter that we do not need her on Tueday because it is Halloween!!

Then, I need to clean ds humidifier and put it away (his cold is over).

Hang Halloween garlands (just 2 that I want to hang) dh can help me.

Buy Halloween candy! We cannot buy it early or dh and I go crazy and eat it all!!!

Take ds to playdate with his little girlfriend from school. After school today.

Maybe I will get a chance to shower and get dressed too!

Have a great week everyone. I am so thankful that I have energy today!

Molly aka Sorekitty
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You are all busy, today! Heck Linda, light house work can zap me!

In fact I've accomplished nothing with the exception of cleaning out my jewelery drawer and trying to find my mom's pearl necklace. She wants my DD to wear when she gets married! Whew... I did find it! LOL I cleaned up but put on my flannel 'pj' bottoms and a sweatshirt. Such an attractive look!

Ellen, we are driving to MO from IN to pick up 'Gracie', our new rescue dog. Geez, it's an 8 hour drive! We are stopping in Effingham, IL which is half way, on Friday night; driving the rest of the way to her foster home and going back to Effingham for the evening. I'd rather do 2 half days with the longer one inbetween. Let me know how your brother is, please.

Good luck to the rest of you. You are awesome! I can't believe some of those lists!

Pace yourselves!

Kim

PS... Nyro, don't want to be a snoop, but guess I am one (lol), but have you run into the neighborhood 'doc', recently???? Just wondering! :))
  7. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I love this thread. The weather in KY is low 70's and sunny. So much to do outside, but inside also, and so little time.

Well, here's my list, just for today:

1. laundry - I've done 2 loads, I'm going to try for another 2.

2. Put clean sheets on the bed.

3. Load dishwasher - did that already.

4. Feed my beagle and bunny - give and receive beagle and bunny loves!

5. Clean out refrigerator.

6. Plant my Mom's mums and mulch them.

7. Paint old plant stand - actually I've already applied 2 coats, but we're going from black to red and I might need another coat.

Whew, if I get all that done, it will be great progress. Good luck to everyone getting their chores done.

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2006]
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

It is 3pm Mon. afternoon. Today I went out and got the tooth fixed on my plate and got a haircut. All before noon. Then I had a nap. The sun is shining especially through what leaves are left and it is warm. Now I can coast the rest of the week yeah right!!
    Cath
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

This is one of my favorite holidays. Our trick or treating is from 6-8 tonight. We live in a subdivision on the edge of town, but I think we get a lot of kids in rural areas whose parents drive them in. One of my cats is black. I wish he would sit in our big livingroom window where everyone could see him tonight. But at the first doorbell, those three will head to the basement and hide until it is over.

As for my to-do list-vacuum the carpeted areas upstairs. Dust the bedroom. Go to pool therapy class. Take a long nap (something I must do every day).

Kim - good luck on your adoption. Wow-that's quite a drive to get your new dog.

Ellen
  10. suz45

suz45 New Member

I have so many things this week...Hope I can remember them all.

Tuesday: Halloween 2 girls (tween & teen) Trick or treat
    Wednesday: New wood stove being installe: I can see the mess now
    Thursday: Vet appt for beagel.
    Friday: IEP meeting at school for older daughter
    Saturday: Dentist & ortho appt for oldest daughter, self and dentist appt. for ounger daughter.
    Sunday: church and brunch for my husband at his favorite restaurant for finishing masters program last week (out of state.

Never mind the ordinary, everyday things like food, laundry, etc... Will pace self as best as can.

Have a nice week everyone.

Suz45
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

To do list:

go to store
    water plants
    change sheets
    dress up porch for Halloween

I'm looking forward to giving out candy tonight. I just *love* Halloween. I used to love it when I was a kid, when my own kids were small and even now with my empty nest. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  12. Liz919

Liz919 New Member

Ok well my to-do list has gone out the window for this week.

1.Take care of daughter. (She's got pink eye so no daycare until it's better)

2.Figure out an easy way to get my girl to let me put in eye drops...3 times a day!

3. Study for my tests on wednesday...and then figure out who's going to have to miss what classes to watch the baby.

4. Trick or Treating with Nan and the families from her office. :) Hurray for closeknit small businesses!

5.Have to clean up bedroom to fit new bed

Ok well, just have to do it while she sleeps I guess. :)
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It's cold and rainy today. We didn't have many 'trick or treaters' last year. Most of the kids in our small addition are older.

Today I will/have:

Called doctor for second time to schedule. I already left a msg., yesterday.

Scheduled lunch with a friend for tmw., who is in need of a 'day away'!

Call friend's husband who would like for me to volunteer, for a program his ad agency reps. I cannot remember the name, but it is awarness for pregnant mom's to take their unwanted baby to a police station, hospital, etc., instead of just 'dumping' them in trash bins etc. With this program, there are no questions asked, and no charges filed. It is about the life of a precious baby.

Finish up some laundry.

I'm sure there is something I am missing.. but these are the most important things to do.

Enjoy this evening!

Kim

14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

We didn't have quite as many trick or treaters last night. I think more kids are going to private parties and community events. We had a little boy about four come to our door last night dressed as Santa Claus. Isn't that an original costume?

Kim - you asked me about my brother. The dr. appt. on Monday was difficult. Jim was being very stubborn and not listening to the doctor. A lady from the group home and Jim's caseworker were also there. We all tried talking with him. The only thing the doctor was able to do was increase the one med he is willing to take-Seroquel, which is an anti-anxiety med. So I'm grateful for that. Just with the one med I see an improvement. I really like this doctor. She has a lot of patience.

Today I am able to head straight home after work. Of course I have housework this afternoon-does it ever end?
    I need to finish vacuuming and have laundry to do. Two phone calls to make-schedule a dental appt. for me and time for my cats (just Albert and Chelsea) to go to the vets for their shots. Put new batteries in our smoke detectors. I need to wash the outside of our kitchen and bathroom windows, but doubt I will get to that today.

Ellen
  15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Ellen, I appreciate your information about your brother. I know several people who have benifited from Serequel. Bless you all.

I heard some 'noise' this morning and there was our new
    rescue' pet! My husband has to leave for Germany this weekend, which is when we planned on picking her up in MO.

DH was in Chicago yesterday, flew to St.Louis, and drove three hours to where 'Gracie' was staying. DH ended up driving throughout the night, which was about eight hours or so.

She is nervous and sticks close to me. Gracie needs some time to adjust. She loves our old, big dog, Howie. She is a Springer Spaniel and so beautiful and sweet.

So, that's the majority of my day! LOL I do have a lunch planned with my friend, and then onto the pet store to pick up some things.

Tonight is 'Weight Watcher' frozen dinners and salad!

I did dust the house yesterday, and cleaned a bathroom. Happy to accomplish both!

Have a good day!

Kim
  16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends. I hope everyone had a nice Halloween. I had fun though there was only one child come to my door. The door-to-door tradition seems to be fading.

Today's To-Do List

shower & shampoo
    put away dishes & clean kitchen counters
    put away Halloween decorations
    water plants
    empty waste baskets
    carpet sweep hallway
    do my nails
    read - if the fibro fogs allows

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  17. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It was a cold morning here-snowflakes as I was driving in to work.

I'm not sure how much ambition I will have this afternoon, but here's my to-do list for today:

-make two phone calls (this was on yesterday's to-do list)
    -sweep driveway
    -wash outside of kitchen and bathroom windows (another
    leftover from yesterday's list) most of our windows you
    can wash from the inside, but these unfortunately I have
    to haul out the stepladder to do them.

Leftovers for dinner. When I cook, I sometimes make extra so the next night I don't have to cook. I suppose some of you do that, too.

Kim - I hope Gracie is settling in nicely. I think having another dog will help since dogs are such sociable animals.

Well, back to work.

Ellen

18. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

Since I am in a flare I am keeping things pretty easy.
    I will walk to the pharmacy for my refills.
    I made today's dinner last night, so that will take care of
    that.

Some work on the internet
    Walk around the block if the pharmacy walk does not exhaust
    me.
    Watch some tv
    Off to sleep to put out this flare soon (I hope).

11/3

Rest after food shopping. I probably will still have the flare, but need to get some food in.

Rest all day on the couch

Go to bed for some R&R.

19. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello there.

I bought some crafter's paint and a little paint brush so today I'm going to

1. touch-up my bedroom wardrobe. I'd also like to

2. de-clutter the top of my dresser and

3. clean the top of the fridge.

I've started reading a new novel so I'd like to

4. spend some time reading. As well, I have

5. a few cheques to write out and get ready for the mail.

I've been very slack about cooking dinners, in fact I've pretty much stopped cooking because most of the time I don't feel well enough to cook. I want very much to turn this around and begin making a nutritious meal daily. So, today I'm going to

6. read through my cookbooks and on-line recipes to find *easy-to-make* vegetarian meals. Then, I'll

7. make a grocery list.

My best to everyone,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  20. penstemon

penstemon New Member

Hello! The weather here is in the 80's, (in the southwest). My husband and I just moved into a new condo. I love the flowering bushes I see out the window.
    My to do list is to keep trying to find things that are buried under lots of boxes. Unpacking could take months.
    Also to send out more address change postcards. And to figure out how to pay all the expenses of moving.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]