What Is On Your To Do List? 11/13 11/19

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Nov 13, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good morning! I hope your Monday has started well!

My DH, FINALLY, got home from Germany last night! It is so good, having him home. He is very happy too. The trip was much longer than it should have been!

Our washer had been on strike for 10 days. Repairman came this A.M. to fix! I never thought I'd be happy about doing laundry! lol

Not planning much more. Just want to savor Jim being home!

I hope you are doing well and, I hope you have sun instead of clouds and damp weather, such as our area!

Kim

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - so glad Jim is home safe and sound! I think all of us would be lost without our washing machines-especially for ten days! How's Gracie doing?

Anne Theresa - I try to read everyone's posts on Mondays from the weekend since I am not on here during this time. I know exactly how you feel about getting weepy about Christmas. I, too, have lost my parents and others and the holidays are bittersweet for me, too. I know it's important to start new traditions when the old ones and loved ones are gone, but it is hard. My mother always made Christmas so fun, so I especially miss her at this time of year.

I am kind of down today (I posted separately about this) and I have had a flareup all weekend. I'm still not doing real well today, but I am managing.

It's late morning now, so I don't have much longer to work. I need to take two of my cats into the vets today. I don't really feel like doing this, but I hate to cancel last minute. The vets office is close by and it's only for vacinnations. So it shouldn't take long.

I am almost done hemming a pair of pants so I will try to get that done-about a ten-minute job. That's it for me today except for a l-o-o-o-n-g nap!

Take care everyone.

Ellen
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, my heart goes out to you during this stressful time. It's such a shame that relationship stress can so easily add to our physical discomfort and pain. I often think it would be easier for us to work through interpersonal issues if we didn't have the added grief of fibromyalgia to contend with. I hope this and all such issues are resolved before too long. God bless you.

Kim, I'm glad your hubby is home safe and sound. Enjoy his presence while you slug through all that laundry :)

To-do List

I slept in this morning (good thing as I was awake throughout the night) so I'm behind schedule today. Still, I'll try to get through my chores before I have to go out to vote tonight (municipal elections).

- clean kitchen, counters, sink and stove-top
    - sweep floors: hallway, closet and kitchen
    - wash bathroom floor
    - carpet sweep

Linda, save some of those apple dumplings for me :)

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi:

I'm feeling better today painwise, but still really tired. My husband and I had a long conversation last night and we both feel better now (more on this on my separate post). Thanks to everyone here who answered my post. I don't know what I would do without all the support and friendship I have received here! I love being married, but it sure can be a lot of work! Throw in health problems and it can be twice as hard at times! I was single until I was 40 years old, but I can't imagine not having Harry in my life now.

Okay, on to my to-do list:
    -pool therapy class today (the warm water will feel so good!)
    -vacuum kitchen and bathroom
    -load of laundry
    -empty wastebaskets

That's it for me. Have a good day, everyone!

Ellen
  5. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

ok.... lets see now...squeeze blood from a stone to attempt to pay VERY LATE BILLS with VERY little MONEY....we are struggling...my fault...I ran up credit cards.

Busy week with the kids and all....not busy enough at work cuz the money isnt coming in that we need to keep up with the rat race here....again, my fault...I feel like a piece of garbage.

My daughter started Middle School basketball season....just another one of those extra activities that will really put another damper on the energy and the time. Im glad shes doing it...Im just really tired, really stressed and well, it makes me grumpy.

hope you ahve a good week. Good luck with the washer.
    HUGS to u and eveyrone here!
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good afternoon!

Linde, Ellen and Anne Thersea; thank you for the nice words regarding DH being home! It is good to have him back.

You would think my DH would have jet lag, yet it appears to be channeling through me! LOL I was very busy doing my things and things DH does, while he was gone. Between that and the gray and gloomy weather, I feel very slowed down.

Wiping down bathrooms and swiffering are my only goals for the day!

Butterly, don't be hard on yourself. Somehow, the money will be there. We all do silly things with credit card. You aren't the first, and you won't be the last! Just do what you can when it comes to daughter's sports.

Hugs to all,

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2006]
  7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

1. clean & dust desk
    2. pick-up and tidy living & bed rooms
    3. clean laundry room (with help from my partner who has the day off from work)
    4. order Avon
    5. Christmas shopping with my friend

Wishing a good day for everyone, with an easement of pain and as stress-free as possible.

God bless,
    Theresa
  8. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Hope you all don't mind if I join..I think being accountable for your day is a great thing!!Helps keep you motivated!! LOL
    Here's my to do list for the day..

1 Do aload of laundry
    2 Make hubby lunch and pack his bucket for dinner
    3 Clean off computer and surroundings
    4 Clean the kitchen
    5 make bed
    6 sweep and mop bathroom
    7 mend a few things

I try to keep everything on a routine. I joined Flylady.net and I'm telling you it has really helped in getting the house cleaned a decluttered!! It gives you a mission everyday in one zone of your house and in a couple monthes you see a big difference!!
    You start out with just shining your sink.
    easy huh?

Anyway dont think I just replied to tell you about FlyLady just really hooked on it right now!!LOL
    Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
    HUGS~ Cindy
  9. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I made a to do list yesterday of ALL the things that need to be done around here but it is definitely going to take more than a week. So I need to break it up.

Here is what I hope to get done this week (Will have lots of help from the boyfriend otherwise couldn't do all this myself):

-Laundry (needed to be done yesterday)
    -Work (from home)
    -CLEAN the house (sister coming this weekend to visit from college over her Thanksgiving break :) excited to see her)
    -Go to Target (just moved and need to get my guest room a comforter before my sister comes this weekend)
    -Grocery store (out of flaxseed!!! CAN'T be without it)
    -Get rid of give away stuff in basement
    -Set up the new basement furniture
    -Pay some bills
    -Return movie to blockbuster
    -Possibly go to home depot to get new welcome mat
    -HAVE FUN WITH MY SISTER!!!

The rest will have to wait. Hopefully we can get all this done.

Take Care Everyone!
    Pam
  10. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is always nice having other members join this thread! For me, it is a good way of being accountable..to some degree! LOL

Keep coming back and we're glad you are here!

Kim
  11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

As usual, I'm on overload already this week. I made the mistake of going up to my daughter's room yesterday to try to find the phone and found her chaos instead.

So I'm in the middle of doing maybe 7 loads of her laundry, (3 done already with 28 stairs each way to the laundry room) beginning to decorate for Christmas (it takes me forever in this house and since the German's don't celebrate Thanksgiving, it's ok to start early here).

I've also made her about 5 pairs of jammy pants this week because she's gained so much weight that nothing fits her. Today I'd like to make one pair for myself. Red flannel with snowflakes...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

Hubby and I bought new living room furniture on Sunday and it gets delivered tomorrow. That means I need to clean the living room, tidy up our end tables and get the sofa and love seat moved down to the garage today too.

I want to clean up my dining room table and decorate it (I made new Christmas red curtains for that window) so I want it to look pretty. (I can't seem to handle clutter)

I need to return a pair of jeans we bought her this weekend, they don't fit either but at least it's at the neighborhood mall.

Need to get her a psych appt and wish she'd just comply and call herself.

Yuck, this list is getting me bogged down.

Sorry,

Nancy B
  12. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

It's late morning and I'm now just getting on here. But at least the time at work goes by fast when I'm busy.

Here's my list for today:

Make two phone calls
    Finish vacuuming laundry room
    Clean mirrors
    Clean bathtub (I've been meaning to do this for a week now!)
    Walk on treadmill for 30 minutes (my husband brought home some of my favorite ice cream last night so I really need to do this today!)
    Chicken pot pie for dinner

Welcome to all the newbies on this post! I have found doing a to-do list every day does help me pace myself and get things done.

Ellen
  13. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Let's see Wednesdays....

1 Morning Routine- Up dressed to the shoes, swish and swipe bathroom, unload dishwasher and laundry started.
    2 Wednesdays is clean out frig days ( hubby does grocery shopping and errands on Thursdays)
    3 balance checkbook
    4 Change sheets on bed
    5 Plan next weeks menu
    6 make Hubby lunch and pack his dinner
    7 Pack son a dinner because he works tonight.
    8 Mission of the day
    My morning Routine I usually make the bed but I'm washing sheets and blankets today so it will get there.

I use to be embarrassed to have anyone in here. Not anymore. Because the house is pretty well straightened and on the days I'm not feeling good it's ok. Funny thing is it's like my Hubby and the klids have started paying attention to what they do and have started picking up after themselves...LOL

I hope everyone has a stress free day. I am actually feeling better today then I have in a few weeks. Starting to look forward to Thanksgiving!!

Cindy
  14. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Of course, gloomy, gloomy weather. How it drags me down! How's the weather for you other's, from the midwest?

I am going to shower, swiffer floor and furniture. DH and I are supposed to look at two company cars he is being offered.

If I accomplish 2/3 of the above, I will be a very happy woman! LOL

Take care all!

Kim
  15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all and welcome new folks!

Cindy, I also love Flylady - she has such good ideas and healthy philosophies. Through her system, I'm learning to let go of perfectionism which was a major issue for me. Good stuff!

My house is pretty clean so I don't need to do a lot of housework today. I just need to do a quick tidy-up - ten minutes max.

My main goal for the day is to sort through my scrap-booking stuff and organize it. That will get me one step closer to either starting the books (possible Christmas gifts) or putting it all away for another time. Whichever way the spirit moves is okay with me.

After that, I'm going to shower & shampoo, get dressed (in street clothes rather than my comfy at-home wear) and go to the mall. This, of course, is reliant on my energy and pain level. Sometimes, by the time I get showered and dressed, I'm too exhausted and in too much pain to do anything else. Hopefully, I'll feel up to a trip to the mall, as I'd like to get my Christmas shopping started.

I finished reading the novel I was working on, so I need to find something else to read. My sweetie is a bookseller so there is never a shortage of books in the house. I'm having a good spell - in terms of having the focus to read - and, since I'm happiest with my nose in a book, this is a welcome turn for me.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Another busy day at work-it's almost time for me to leave and head off to my swimming class.

My husband has the day off since it is raining. I don't tend to get as much done with him home, but I don't have much on my list this afternoon anyway.

I still need to pay bills (leftover from yesterday's list). Fried chicken for dinner. I've been trying to clear out the freezer since tomorrow I would like to buy a couple of turkeys while the prices are good.

The rest of the day will be my usual nap and read some magazines.

Anne Theresa - glad you are doing better. The biggest problem I have with reading (besides being really tired sometimes) is my blurry vision.

Hope everyone here is doing okay.

Ellen
  17. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm going to watch the Flintstones, then take a nap. Afterward, I'm going to

1. make up a week's worth of pill dispensers
    2. pack up used clothes and household items for Goodwill
    3. dust living room
    4. clean bathroom, toilet & sink
    5. read

I didn't get to the mall yesterday and I don't feel up to it today either. I told my sweetie that I wasn't sure I could do all the Christmas shopping this year (as I have other years) and he promised to help.

I'm trying not to stress out about Christmas; the upcoming social obligations, food, shopping and gift-giving, but I can feel the tension build. It's nuts to feel this way so early in the season. anyone else?

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  18. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Off to a late start, as usual! LOL

I did more than I planned yesterday. I will dust the house today, maybe clean all mirrors. Giving thought to spending the night with my mom.

AnneTheresa: I find this time to be very stressful. Each year, I try to find one thing we can live without. This year, I will not make as much food for Thanksgiving. There will be enough with other's bringing food, also.

Last Christmas Eve, I finally, talked my mom into not having a huge meal. She gave in and we had deli trays and enjoyed ourselves so much more.

Keep it as simple as you can! I think we are all pounded at the holidays from the commercial aspect. It gets worse every year. My teeth clench when I walk into stores and find Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas items out at the same time.

Maybe, we can all add a way that makes the holidays a little less stress for us.

Everyone, take care...

Kim

19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

With the chit chat board up and going, it is in question whether this thread will stay here or go to that board.

I've emailed with Moderator, Sharon, who is great! Her first thought was the c/c board. She does have some reservations about it being moved and will talking to Prohealth.

I did tell her that I personally thought it was appropriate for this board, but would abide with the rules.

Are those who would not follow this another board? I know for some of us, the change might not be good. While it is easy to switch over, sometimes it is a pain to use two boards, on bad days, or a busy one.

If they choose for this to go to C/C, I will continue to post thread, if enough of you are still interested.

This thread will continue on this board until I hear the verdict.

Let me hear from you all!

Hugs,

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  20. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Kim - I don't understand why they are thinking of moving this over to the chit-chat board. It's not like we are just talking about off-the-walls things that have nothing to do with health issues. This post is helpful for us to plan our days around our health problems. Having to go on another board would not be handy for me since I am at work when I get on here and don't have a lot of time. I don't see what the harm is leaving this post here.

Okay, my to-do list for this afternoon and the weekend:

For today, I need to do the weekly grocery shopping. (my most hated chore!) Do some laundry if I have the energy; otherwise it will wait until tomorrow.

As for the weekend, I would like to get out in the yard and gather up the leaves under our lilac bushes. They don't burn well so I guess I will have to bag them. Clean the laundry tub in the laundry room.

The rest of the weekend I would like to just do some reading and check the TV guide to see if there are any good movies on.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Ellen