What Is On Your 'To Do List'? 12/11 12/17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ksp56, Dec 11, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good Afternoon!

Today will be laundry, wipe down master bath, and finish dusting back part of house. Okay, so I hope SOME of this gets done! LOL

We had a good time at the Christmas play, future step-grandson was in. They sang children's Christmas songs I haven't heard since my kids were younger. It is the first time I've had any type of spirit. It felt good to be in a tiny, warm and cozy church.

Kevin is supposed to have stitches out. DH took him this morning at 8 a.m. They had no record of it and trauma doctor was not in. This after having miscommunication from two hospital ER's, that gave us conflicting information. Grrrgghhhhhhhhh.. He goes back at 2:15 today. We'll see..

I hope everyone has a good and blessed week..

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I slept in late today, recouping from yesterday's Christmas party. The party was fine but, as with all social events, a struggle for me.

To-Do List

clean bathroom
    put dishes away, clean kitchen countertops
    dust living room & bedroom/office - may leave this until tomorrow
    dust/swiffer hardwood floors
    wet swiffer kitchen floor
    empty wastebaskets

My sons have confirmed this coming weekend for our Christmas celebration. I'm so happy and excited to see them! They'll both (and my daughter-in law) be arriving on Friday and staying the weekend. This then, is my Christmas to-do list.

wrap gifts
    clean guest room (dust, vacuum, sheets on bed, etc)
    buy groceries
    buy new pillows, fresh flowers
    buy rum for eggnog, beer
    I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hope your coming celebration with your sons is great, Anne Theresa! How fun for you.

So, Kim, how about those stiches? Hope Kevin is doing better and you, too....sounds like you are really eager.

Went to the doctor this AM...just a check-up and I don't have to go back for 6 months....the longest in-between period since I was 49...being off antidepressants, no more headaches, and blood pressure being controlled is the best news I've had in the health area in years.

I know he wanted to say...But your weight! I'm glad he didn't and hopefully in 6 months I will be somewhat lighter. We'll see. Not going to get my bloomers in a knot over it.

Went shopping for Jim, did a Christmas letter, got cards ready to send...going to walk to the drug store and then put dinner in the oven.

Think I'll rest for a bit afterwards...oh, I also did my exercise tape...a shorter one.

Wow. Looks like a lot.

Tomorrow...mail cards,

Wed...car to dealership

Thurs...lunch with a friend

Tis the season!

Hugs to all,
  4. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

well, I called off Thurs. and Fri. last week. To tired to go I was just exhausted so temp service called today and sorta laid me off.
    water therapy today wednesday and Friday- still having a lot of pain in my legs about 8 or so hours afterward!! Can't figure it out. it's like shooting pain from knees down. It also feels like I have a marshmellow in my knees and Im trying to bend my knees around them. If anyone has a clue let me know.
    The rest of the week is getting back into a routine. I miss my routine.
    My daughter is grounded this next two weeks so I have to be on kid patrol..I hate grounding them cause it grounds me too.:(
    Im just exhausted from the last few weeks with trying to work and keep it all together.
    Hope everyone has a stress free week!!
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I am tired today (more than usual, I mean!). Yesterday afternoon my husband drove me up to Ann Arbor for my appt. with the FMS doctor so I didn't get my daily nap. I decided to try the trigger point injections. He did four injections in my worst spots-my neck and upper back. I haven't noticed any difference in the pain-so disappointing. I don't expect miracles, but even a slight improvement would have been wonderful. Oh, well.

It's really quiet this week at work. Classes are over and it's final exam week. I have things to finish up before my last day on Thursday.

I'm trying not to get too stressed out about my ear surgery on Friday. The thing I dread the most is the IV. For my last surgery it was so painful-burning pain that shot up my arm. But I am trying to tell myself that it won't be as bad this time. I am reminding myself to be thankful that my hearing will probably be restored by having this surgery-much better than hearing aids. I am also so glad my husband is layed off now and can help me during this time.

Okay, here's my to-do list for today:

-dust upstairs
    -water therapy class
    -long nap!

That's it for me, today. Take care, everyone.

6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Mail Christmas cards

Wrap some presents

Start laundry

Already did my exercise tape. It is low impact, low aerobic...it's good...

HoPe all is well with all of you.

Take care.

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I got a good start on cleaning the guest room yesterday. (It's actually a basement rec. room set up with a living room, library and bedroom area). All that needs to be done now is the vacuuming (my partner will do that) and the dusting.

I need to wrap gifts (Wednesday)& do the Christmas food shopping (Thursday), and then I'm all ready for my sons' visit on Friday. With my sons' living on opposite ends of the province and each with such busy schedules, it's rare that we all get together at the same time. So, this weekend will be a very special Christmas celebration for me.

As for today, I need to

put clean dishes away, clean kitchen
    dust living room
    make grocery list
    shower and shampoo
    go shopping with friend, this eve

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  8. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Get presents bought and wrapped BEFORE Christmas eve.

Get caught up on my house work. I found a funny magnet for my fridge. "A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious."
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's a good thing I got a few things done yesterday because today looks like a total washout unless I get some more sleep.

Yesterday I vacuumed and swiffered the living room, kitchen/dining room. Vacuumed my sewing room & 2 bathrooms too.

My new sofa feet came in the mail so we put that together last night too. Looks 10 times better and now the Roomba can go under the sofa too so that'll help.

I was up with my daughter past midnight last night and she needed to sleep with me too so I'm just completely done in today. (Amazing to know that even after taking and sleeping on my night time meds that I can still jump up in an instant when she needs me, whew!)

Ellen, best of luck on your surgery Friday. Try not to worry too much....

Kim, hope everything gets straightened out soon with your son.

Hugs all,

Nancy B

10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for the encouraging words on my surgery this Friday. The hospital called me yesterday-they had questions about my medical history (mine is complicated!) and gave me some info about Friday. I had thought this was an outpatient surgery and was surprised to find out I will spend Friday night in the hospital and go home on Saturday morning. I've never had surgery where I had to stay.

My husband drove me in to work today. He is getting the oil changed on the car and has to go to the Michigan Works office-a requirement for his unemployment benefits. We got some good news yesterday on his benefits-we will get the maximum again this year! We thought we'd get less since he didn't work as much this year. I hope it's not a mistake. For now I will just rejoice in the good news.

After work, we will do the grocery shopping. I need to vacuum this afternoon. I won't be able to do much for a week or so after the surgery, so I like to at least start out with a clean house. My husband has also been helping with laundry and dishes.

Well, better get back to work. Have a good day, everyone!

11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will be praying for you and your surgery on Friday.

Homebound as the car is in for its yearly perma-plating.

Wrap some gifts

Tidy some

Pay a couple bills

Contact a friend about lunch tomorrow

Try to catch some Christmas cheer.

Life looks a bit bleak right now. I hate this winter gray here in Eureka, and our home is very dark...not enough windows. Have tried the lights, etc. but winter is just depressing.

Introspection is depressing, also. Looking forward to spring. Looking forward to leaving this town with many, many heartaches lurking around every bend.

Anyway....enough. Have a good day. Hope your mood is much better than mine.

12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Sue, winter is a depressing time for me too, particularly when the natural light is so limited. I use a SAD box-light to help offset the inevitable winter depression and sadness. It helps but not completely.

Sometimes I can climb out of a depression. Other times I find it's best just to go with the feelings of depression rather than fight against them. I've discovered that fighting against the feelings can intensify my depression and exhausts me in the process. Better days ahead, my dear.

My house is a mess but cleaning is going to have to wait until later in the day because I'm going out today. I have an appointment for a manicure, then I'm meeting my sweetie for lunch. After lunch I need to shop for bunny pellets and hay as my dear bun is making do with celery ends and old lettuce.

When I get home and after I tend to the bunny I need to:

- write three e-mail letters
    - wrap gifts for sons, daughter-in-law & my partner
    - general pick-up and tidy
    - fold and put away laundry
    - put away clean dishes & clean kitchen
    - swiffer, swipe and carpet sweep floors
    - dusting (I've been procrastinating on this)
    - clean/organize inside of fridge and freezer to make way for Christmas foods

This is too big of a list for me, particularly on a day that I'm going out. (Most often, if I go out that's all I can do in a day.) So, I'll do what I can, making the wrapping of gifts a priority.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Today I need to pick up some groceries. Run to drugstore. Maybe, wipe the bathooms.

Ellen: I hope you see this and know I am thinking of and praying for you, during your surgery. God Bless.

Linda: Yeah, go figure.. Trouble with Doctors, ER's, medical problems on the whole.... LOL

Nancy: I continue to pray for your daughter and you. It is amazing how we wake in a heartbeat, when our children make a sound, or move. Does make for some hefty fatigue!

Sue: I wish you peace with those who have not been a friend to you, as you are to others. It is their LOSS. Moving will be good. Start anew AND have better weather! I am so happy you are able to rid your body of the meds. A great accomplishment!

To everyone.. It's so great to see you post and to achieve many of the goals you set! Even if it takes us extra time to do, somehow, we usually do accomplish what we want.

I'm feeling pretty 'low' at this time. I am looking forward to this mood passing.

Hugs to all,

[This Message was Edited on 12/13/2006]
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So, how is Kevin?

Hope your mood does lift....how's the weather at your house?

Just take care...

15. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for all the good wishes on my surgery tomorrow. I know it's normal to feel anxious. I will be so glad when it is over.

Sue - I hope you feel better mentally soon. Winter can be a depressing time. The winter here hasn't been bad at all-really warm and just rain. But the short days are hard. I will be glad when the days get longer again.

Kim - Thanks for all your kind words. I hope Kevin continues to mend.

Here's my to-do list for today:

-pool therapy class
    -put fresh sheets on beds (husband is washing them this
    morning to help me out)
    -vacuum laundry room
    -appt. at church this evening to have pictures taken for
    the church directory and order pictures for family and
    friends (not the best time to go, but I had to squeeze
    this in before tomorrow and it shouldn't take long) My
    poor husband-he has to put on a coat and tie!
    -make sure I have papers and meds to take with me to the
    hospital tomorrow
    -I may need to call the hospital. They said I would need
    to call to find out my surgery time tomorrow if I
    haven't heard from them by 3:00 today.

I won't be back to work (and the computer) until January 3rd. So I won't be on here for awhile.

I'd like to wish all of you a good holiday season and Happy New Year!

16. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I hope you have a lovely and wonderful Christmas Season. Remember to rest and recover and treat yourself well too.

For me...today was busier than I ever intended. I started by calling my doc for the results of my bloodwork. I'm borderline diabetic. I also asked him to see my daughter today (tomorrow's his last day of patients here) for her ID paperwork.

So I grocery shopped first, came home, unloaded, rushed lunch and finished putting most things away.

Took daughter up to see the doc, got my blood sugar kit and had an instruction session to learn how to use it.

We shopped at the PX a bit and another store. Had to stop to eat something. Came home and finished washing veggies and putting together fruit bowls.

It's 5:30 and I've just sat down.....more running than I like to do all week and all in one day.

We need to remember to rest!! (ok, I do anyway)

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  17. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Call my mom...tomorrow is the first anniversary of my dad's death. Teary.

Going to lunch with a friend

Get package off to son and wife in Seattle

Survive the winter storm that's coming tonight. May have to open one of Jim's presents early if the power goes out. It's two battery operated LED little lanterns...little like a candle...but with more light and less potential hazard.

Change bed

Decide what to wear to Christmas party on Saturday. Have nothing and don't really want to go buy anything this big! (-: I'll figure it out.

Take care, all. Rest.

18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, I will say a little prayer for you and trust your surgery will go well. I wish for you a quick and complete recovery.

As anticipated, I didn't get through yesterday's to-do list. By the time I got home from my outing, I was very exhausted and could only manage to do a little bit of what I wanted to. That's okay.

My sweetie has the day off from work so he's able to help with all the last minute shopping, cleaning etc. to prepare for our family gathering tomorrow.

Here's my to-do list

Finish tidying the guest room (almost done)
    Wrap gifts
    clean/organize fridge & freezer
    grocery shopping
    clean bathtub/shower
    vacuum, swiffer, swipe floors
    empty waste baskets, put garbage out
    make up a week's worth of daily pill dispenser's

It's a long to-do list but with two of us working together it's manageable.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

So far I have, swiffered floors, lightly wiped up bath counters, unloaded and loaded diswasher, called to make an appointment with pain doctor, and have helped my son. Of course, it has taken my over 4 hours to do so!

Arthritis and back are acting up. I am done for the day!

Ellen, I will miss you!

Everyone else... be kind to yourselves and take care of you!

20. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm almost finished yesterday's to-do list and ready for my children to arrive this eve.

I love this notion to celebrate early with my (adult) children. This way we get to celebrate with each other before the inevitable Christmas burnout sets in. Other years, we've all been so exhausted from fulfilling our many and varied Christmas obligations, that by the time we got together, we were all too pooped to partake.

dust living room
    clean kitchen counters, sink
    cut up vegetables
    empty wastebaskets
    swiffer bedroom floor
    shower & shampoo
    dress in street clothes
    go to doctor's appointment
    go to pharmacy
    pick up beer
    prepare food
    have fun!